1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best android phone on the market

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by luke318is, Mar 14, 2011.

1. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Hi there. I currently own an xperia x10

I have convinced my girlfriend to get an android phone instead of an iphone 4. I am also going to upgrade soon.

Here is my question:

What is considered the BEST android phone on the market right now, and is there a better one coming out soon?

At this point we both want to get the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate.

Thanks in advance,

-Luke

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Asking which phone is best is like, and I'm quoting the comedian Jerry Seinfeld, asking which breath I take is best. Each is best till it's time for the next one.

Currently in Verizon Wireless's phone inventory there are 4G smartphones getting ready to be released such as the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola Bionic. Both will be more powerful than the Fascinate. In two months something newer and faster will likely come out...

What do you plan to use the phones for? Surfing the Internet? Playing games? GPS? video chat? email? Or are you simply looking for bragging rights (and this is not necessarily a bad thing!)? :D

3. luke318is

luke318is Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Well. I just want the best phone for both of us. My bud has the galaxy and i know its better than the x10. Ill be using the phone for all the normal things androids are used for....gps is especially important. I dont know much about htc, how do they stack up to the galaxy?

4. Kimbernator

Kimbernator Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    There is a lot that goes in to saying that a phone is the best. Let's look at pros and cons for manufacturers to start.

HTC:
    Pros: awesome build quality, generally quite good hardware, more open to development, custom roms, HTC sense is very nice if you don't want stock android
    Cons: hardware isn't the best out there (Still good, but not the best)

Motorola:
    Pros: probably (On average) best hardware when it comes to processing, ram, etc., usually nice big screens, popular devices meaning more accessories made for them
    cons: Very locked down to development and custom roms, sometimes feel cheap, plasticy

Samsung:
    Pros: Good all-around hardware, some of the nicest screens of any manufacturer, some handsets have very nice graphics processing
    cons: Samsung is pretty bad with android updates (They get them out there, just very late), known to have gps issues commonly

Sony:
    Pros: some of the new phones look promising?
    Cons: hardware isn't always up to par, Sony generally just dismisses the idea of android updates in general.

So, i think the galaxy S is very nice, but as far as manufacturers go, there is better. what provider do you have?

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Personally I'm something of a Motorola snob... yea the Motorola bootloader is locked down but it's yet to be an impassable wall. I've had both Samsung and HTC phones in the past. Samsung's biggest challenge in my opinion is their KIES software. It's temperamental at best and makes their Android experience seem cheap. As for HTC I'm a big believer that HTC uses way too much plastic in their designs. To me this makes their hardware look cheap. Their software, on the other hand, is typically spot on