• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Android Phone within next 6 months

xraptorx

Sep 7, 2009
My contract is coming to an end and I will be in the market for a new phone around Mar - April 2010.

I currently have a HTC Touch Cruise with a cooked ROM using Win 6.5. I find the HTC Touch cruise very slow and I have been looking at the newer HTC's but the hardware is virtually the same (processor, ram, etc). There is this new snapdragon 1 GHZ processor but that is running only on windows mobile phones and I have been thinking of ditching windows and going with either Android.

I really like the iPhone 3Gs from the speed and responsiveness, size, touch screen is much better than the HTC Touch Cruise and naturally the integration to itunes. However, the lack of running multiple applications at once could be a deal breaker with iPhone.

So is there any Android phones coming out in the next 5 months that can compete with the iPhone in terms of speed, responsiveness, size and sexy screen functionality? Which phone would you recommend getting or waiting for?

I think the closest phones to the Iphone would be the new SE X3/10 coming out with a monster screen but the one I am waiting for is the Acer Liquid A1. both have the 1ghz snapdragon processor which should be out at the end Nov.

Most people are focused on the Motorola Droid which has a hardware keyboard but both above only have software keyboards and im hoping the larger screens will make typing much easier!

I recon the Acer will go pretty cheap as well (well compaired to other smartphones at least!)

Upvote 0
I think the closest phones to the Iphone would be the new SE X3/10 coming out with a monster screen but the one I am waiting for is the Acer Liquid A1. both have the 1ghz snapdragon processor which should be out at the end Nov.

Most people are focused on the Motorola Droid which has a hardware keyboard but both above only have software keyboards and im hoping the larger screens will make typing much easier!

I recon the Acer will go pretty cheap as well (well compaired to other smartphones at least!)

Thanks for the feedback. Why are you leaning towards the Liquid A1 over the Sony Erikson X3/10? That sony does look big and beautiful, but I have to see it in person to see if it is really too big to carry :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. Why are you leaning towards the Liquid A1 over the Sony Erikson X3/10?

Well I suppose its to do with two things:-

1) as i mentioned price needs to be good and that is when I think android will grow in to a real world presence as smartphone sales rocket! (I also happen to be unemployed right now...)

2) I am a fan of android and therefore that is what i want, I have had a look at the new SE it is heavly modded and although it looks great - i want android! I think acer has it right when the look and feel are similar but the proved special widgets that could be turned off and non-intruitve stuff like better power mangement.

oh and I love that LED bar along the top of the phone which lights up with icons when you recieve a txt. I am forever leaving my phone, going out of the room when I get a text and then I dont hear it and dont check the phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones