1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best android phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by donna1981xx, Feb 5, 2011.

1. donna1981xx

donna1981xx Newbie

Hi,
    I bought my first android phone 4 days ago. HTC desire hd and I'm in love with it. I am very upset because I have to send it back! The reason for this is that the battery only lasts about 4 hours if I make 1 20 min phone call and check the news for a few minutes. It lasted 8 hours the other day when I left it at home on sleep mode! So my question is: is their a phone out their which is as good but has better battery life? It would be ok if I could just charge each night.

Thanks
    Donna

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello Donna.

Battery life improves with usage over several charging cycles. These Android devices are not known for great battery life, in general, but it does take a bit of time for the unit and the battery to optimize.

We see reports of better than average battery life in various device forums here, but what is interesting is that there is nearly always disagreement as to which Android device has the best battery life.

I think it has to do with user habits and configuration of the device more than anything else, and I'm not so sure you need to return your Desire.