1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Best Android tablet under $180

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZJE123, Mar 13, 2011.

1. ZJE123

ZJE123 Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    I have already posted a similar thread, but that was a while ago(almost 6 months) and I believe that now I might hear back with different responses. I want to know: what is the best android tablet under $180. I know this is a low price for a decent tablet, but I just don't have the money to buy an expensive tablet(expensive being over $200). I know someone who has the Cruz reader. I tried it out and thought that it was decent, I liked everything about it (even though it was a bit sluggish), until I plugged in my headphones (I'll explain below).
    With this said, here is what I would absolutely want:
    Minimum:
    500 megahertz processor
    256 megabytes of RAM
    7 inch screen(can be 4:3 16:9 ect. I don't care about that)
    it HAS to be from a US company, as in no tablet that is sold by a Chinese company that I would have to ship overseas.
    it also has to have DECENT sound quality (The sound on the Cruz Reader was really distorted, and the pitch of the music I was listening to was a good half step lower than what it should be, I know because I have perfect pitch. I don't need XFI sound on a tablet, but non-distortion and right pitch is not too much to ask for)
    Any Android Operating System, 2.0 or above, (I don't NEED flash as long as I can watch youtube videos.)
    Decent overall user ratings (a lot I have seen have about a 3.5 star rating or below. I won't accept anything that isn't 4 stars of above overall.)
    Of coarse anything better than these specifications would be preferred, but not needed. If it turns out that none of these requirements can be met at this price range, I'll wait until they become obsolete and buy one for dirt cheap.

Pretty much, if there is an equivalent Cruz Reader that has decent sound quality, I'll buy it. For up to $50 more than the Cruz reader sells on Amazon for, just to have better sound quality, doesn't seem that far fetched, or asking for too much.

Advertisement

2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None