1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Android to play converted Movies

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Lamarak, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Lamarak

Lamarak Newbie

Hello

Im in the market for an android phone in which i would like to convert my vast blu ray library to play on them. In your opinion, which would be better?

Im looking at basically the S3, HTC one X, or maybe even stock Google nexus phone( no contract and updates seem nice). Even toying of waiting to see what he Note 2 may look like but really can wait months for it to hit the states.

Thank for any info

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If you convert them to a basic format like avi or mp4, the phone model really wont matter much. The difference would lie in the screen technology, but then all of the models you mentioned uses AMOLED technology so there really won't be any difference apart from screen size IMO.

3. Demache

Demache Android Expert

All of those phones are powerful enough to play videos in any format in an app like MX Player. The Nexus is probably the weakest of the three and mine can handle 720p in software mode just fine (1080p is a little excessive and offers no advantage if the phone is only 720p anyway).

4. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

If you convert the file to .avi, then it is supported by the supported by the Samsung Galaxy S3.

5. xxkid123

xxkid123 Well-Known Member

Sheesh people, its a smart phone for a reason, if it can't play an hd movie then I sure hope your upgrade is coming up soon:D

The HTC one X and the Sg3 are getting awesome reviews. If you can afford one then go for it, you'll love it. But any phone with at least a single core 1ghz processor, 1gb Ram and a decent screen should fit your specifications. Check reviews for battery life, you wouldn't want your phone dieing midway through a movie right?:rolleyes:

I do like to think that HTC sense may be more adapted for videos and music, but I think thats more opinion than anything. Plenty of people would certainly disagree.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Plenty of people will certainly disagree, especially when Samsung default video player handles more codecs and formats for hardware decoding than the HTC player. LOL.

But then player support isn't really an issue.

7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I would honestly recommend the SGS3. It's the only one of the bunch with expandable storage.