• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best android value?

RyRy89

Lurker
Dec 5, 2020
Hello mates recently purchased a p40 and not overly impressed with it considering sending it back. Mainly use my phone for youtube and just general whatsapp browsing etc. What would you guys recommend as a alternative better than the p40?. I considered the pixel 5 but unsure any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Hello mates recently purchased a p40 and not overly impressed with it considering sending it back. Mainly use my phone for youtube and just general whatsapp browsing etc. What would you guys recommend as a alternative better than the p40?. I considered the pixel 5 but unsure any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
whats your budget? what size phone are you looking for?

Upvote 0
If it fits your requirements then a Pixel 4a is very good value (which is the actual title of the thread).

The problem is that we don't know what it was about the P40 that didn't impress you, so it's hard to know what you would consider better? "Better" and "best" are subjective, they depend on what someone needs, likes and wants from a phone, so it's hard to advise without knowing your preferences (and constraints: I think you said your pricing was 40 somethings per month on a contract, but the currency unit was not readable).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
If it fits your requirements then a Pixel 4a is very good value (which is the actual title of the thread).

The problem is that we don't know what it was about the P40 that didn't impress you, so it's hard to know what you would consider better? 'Better' and 'best' are subjective, they depend on what someone needs, likes and wants from a phone, so it's hard to advise without knowing your preferences (and constraints: I think you said your pricing was 40 somethings per month on a contract, but the currency unit was not readable).

To be honest it was the lack of apps and the alternatives being more buggy aslong as the phone has good battery life for youtube/spotify takes decent pictures i will be happy 😁. Thanks for the help aswell bud

Upvote 0
😁.
^^^=
upload_2020-12-5_15-25-0.jpeg

Sometimes the forum software doesn't render these correctly.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

I personally prefer unlocked Chinese phones, had an Honor 8 that was a really nice phone for the money, currently using a OnePlus 7 that was an absolute steal considering the specs, although when OnePlus became mainstream in the states the price shot way up. You probably could find a good deal on a Xiaomi as well.

Upvote 0
This is not the thread for it now as the OP is looking for a contract phone somewhere on this planet but I stole two Xiaomi Amoled phones over the last six weeks in amazing one day / one model manufacturer sales. An Amoled Mi 10 Lite 5G with an SD765G for a ridiculous £194 UK, and then a Poco F2 Pro with an SD865 8/256 UFS 3.1 for an insane £299.

I agree with @tron there's a whole lot of great deals out there on Xiaomi / Redmi / Mi / Poco, Realme, Oppo, OnePlus 8T etc. Even Motorola are getting better.

I'm waiting for a new 5G sim to arrive with 160gb for £20 / m (over 24 months but sod it) on a much faster 4G carrier (EE) than I was on.

I currently have 4 great phones {3 new) but the medication should kick in soon :p

BTW : the Xiaomi software with MIUI 12 is very polished and impressive for the international market with no Chinglish, great extra features, virtually zero bloatware and no ads (don't initiate some copycat apps and turn off some settings); plus they are due Android 11 with the November patch. Now a Samsung rival imv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones