• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best app for a 'To Do' list?

I've used Astrid for a while now. Definitely my favourite to do app. If you get the donate version you also get the add ons, including backup. This is incredibly useful for me as I often reflash the roms on my phone, but as long as I've backed up astrid and saved the file to my pc I can get back all those little jobs that must be done.

Upvote 0
If you're a power user, I would recommend Ultimate To-Do List, which supports a number of features that are hard to find elsewhere, like timers, notes for reference, saved searches, goals, and subtasks. The web site for the app is www.ToDoList.co.

If your needs are more basic, I would recommend Astrid or Remember The Milk. (WeLoveAstrid.com and RememberTheMilk.com).

The site www.todolist.co has a detailed comparison chart of some of the more popular Android To-Do apps.

Upvote 0
The best way to sync your Outlook to-do list with your Android device is to go through another web site. For example, you can use a service such as Toodledo.com, which is a web-based to-do list manager. Once you have a Toodledo account, you can get software that syncs Toodledo with Outlook, and that syncs Toodledo with your phone. So, when you edit a task in Outlook, the change is sent to Toodledo, and then your phone downloads the change from Toodledo to itself. Likewise, change made on your phone are uploaded to Toodledo and then downloaded into Outlook.

You can learn more about Toodledo at www.Toodledo.com. For information on connectors that link Toodledo with Outlook, go here. For an app that syncs Toodledo with your phone, take a look at Ultimate To-Do List, at www.ToDoList.co.

Upvote 0
OK boys and girls u r talking to someone who remembers rotary phones

Heres my ? hope u can help. I would like to have a to do list / task manager and calendar on my phone that can do the ff.

I would like to post a task in my calendar / to do list ....say ... Teris Bday August 5th ...... and give me the capability to post a reminder daily for x days prior to the event in my to do list .

SO now I can say ok for two weeks prior to AUG 5th everyday in my to do list tell me to buy a present (note that I do not have to enter the reminder for every day - I just tell it to remind me for two weeks )

SO from say JUly 25th forward for everyday on my to do list it s says 'buy Teris present'

Hope that makes sense

Hope SOmeone Can help GOd BLess all you young people and your technological skills !!!

Upvote 0
OK boys and girls u r talking to someone who remembers rotary phones

Heres my ? hope u can help. I would like to have a to do list / task manager and calendar on my phone that can do the ff.

I would like to post a task in my calendar / to do list ....say ... Teris Bday August 5th ...... and give me the capability to post a reminder daily for x days prior to the event in my to do list .

SO now I can say ok for two weeks prior to AUG 5th everyday in my to do list tell me to buy a present (note that I do not have to enter the reminder for every day - I just tell it to remind me for two weeks )

SO from say JUly 25th forward for everyday on my to do list it s says 'buy Teris present'

Hope that makes sense

Hope SOmeone Can help GOd BLess all you young people and your technological skills !!!

Try Astrid It has some features that you've mentioned. I haven't used it in awhile but it's one of the most detailed to do list on the market.

Upvote 0
Found it!

ToDo List Widget has the ability to scrool and check off items on the widget. It's a very straight and simple app. I've asked the dev if he could add some more features (ability to save the list and import lists from other apps)but it seems that he want to keep the app clean and simple.

I LOVE THIS!!!!! Thanks so much. It's just what I was looking for. I love astrid but the widget irritates me. A year later I feel like I'm rediscovering my phone. :D:D

Upvote 0
I LOVE THIS!!!!! Thanks so much. It's just what I was looking for. I love astrid but the widget irritates me. A year later I feel like I'm rediscovering my phone. :D:D
:) Good to hear, please email the dev that you want some kind of backup/sync with the app :< Maybe if more people bug him on that...he'll add that feature.

Upvote 0
I wish the voters would clarify the basis of their votes. It's pretty clear that Astrid has the most +1 votes, but is that because they've tried at least one other alternative and found Astrid better, or because Astrid is the only one they've tried and they like it well enough to recommend?

Hmm... How about a short annotation convention like "+1 Astrid of 3" to indicate that they liked Astrid best out of three they've tried?

Upvote 0
I've been trying out all of these todo lists but they just don't work how I want them to. I wanted to be able to add tasks as quickly as I can jot them down on a real note pad, one after another, but most of the todo lists are too clunky to do that. I found Tasks+ which works great for it though, and it has all kinds of cool features like sorting and coloring. I found it after trying dozens of other ones and I was about to give up and try writing my own when I found it haha :D

Upvote 0
I tried Astrid & gtask, and found none beats opening google tasks in a browser (creating a shortcut on my android home screen). The only thing I haven't figured out is to indent/unindent a task on the phone.

Have tried Astrid and Do It Tomorrow, but this new Tasks N Todos feels promising! It syncs with my google tasks alright.
It may be new in the market, but it works well for me!

To those interested: Tasks N Todos

Upvote 0
I've been trying out all of these todo lists but they just don't work how I want them to. I wanted to be able to add tasks as quickly as I can jot them down on a real note pad, one after another, but most of the todo lists are too clunky to do that. I found Tasks+ which works great for it though, and it has all kinds of cool features like sorting and coloring. I found it after trying dozens of other ones and I was about to give up and try writing my own when I found it haha :D

this sounds like just what i need! i may be being daft but I can't find it...have you got a link or something?

Upvote 0
Dear,

Prepar To Do List on Android with 'What2Do' App.

DeviceBee has launch what2do App for task to do on daily basis and make your all problem solve.

What2Do is the first Mobile application that performs the actual tasks execution for the end user rather than just a notification. It just doesn't provide the tasks notifications but it also executes the tasks for you as per your own chose.

Users can create the following type of tasks:

Schedule SMS
Schedule Calls
Schedule Emails
Schedule File Transfer
Schedule Application Launch
Schedule Alarm
To Do List

There is a lot more you can do with this application that is on the way!!!!
We are looking forward to take your comments, rating and feedback after using this application. Your comments and feedback are very valuable for us to improve and enhance this application in future.

Features: create a to do list, manage a to do list, Tasks creation, Tasks execution, What 2 do in the tasks, Tasks, Events execution, schedule tasks.

write what2do in android market and get the App and easy to install.

We need your feedback and reviews on this App.

Upvote 0
Have you guys Klick Todo ?

Its a new Todo App , but is a absolutely hassle free task manager. All controls are easily accessible and on one single page !

Klick Todo Features:
- All properties of the todo just a single click away and on a single Screen ! ( no browsing away from your tasks list )
- Single click Reminder
- Set Date and Time for Alarm in one go
- Fast and user friendly UI

Android Market : goo.gl/DdD4t

Upvote 0
Any.DO is a great to do list app. Syncs with Google Tasks and has a great ICS style UI. They are also working on a web and chrome version as well as an iPhone version. Yes, that is right the Android version came out before the iPhone version. It is pretty straight forward right now without a lot of bells and whistles, but it really works great. Sync with Remember the Milk is also on the road map.

Upvote 0
Personally, I prefer ToDo (as a new user, I can not post a link on this forum, but if you search the market for Starbelly Software) it is one of the 3 results.

Its a really simple, easy to use application that lets you have multiple lists, priorities, notes, etc. Managing my tasks is super easy with something they call multi-edit mode which lets you move, delete, and mark multiple tasks as done at one time. They just released an update today that adds alarms, so now I can be reminded of the stuff I need to get done ahead of time. Great little app that comes highly recommended.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones