• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best app for syncing my school work?

esploded

May 28, 2011
Most of my homework is done on microsoft word, and I want to be able to sync all of those assignments to the cloud of an android application, so that in the case that I forget it at home or need an extra copy, I can just use that app.

I use a mac, and I already have a folder for this year's school work, and that is the only folder I want to sync.

Do any services do this?

I use Dropbox. Their Android app isn't spectacular, but it does the job. Works well if you need to email an assignment to somebody on the go. However I primarily use it because it makes it so darn easy to go from my laptop to desktop. Plus you can also download/upload with an internet browser too. That works really well if you're switching between school computers and your computer.

Upvote 0
Alternative to DropBox is SugarSync. The main difference is that while DropBox makes its own folder, SugarSync allows you to sync any existing folder already, and multiple ones at that. SugarSync also offers a free account worth 5gb on startup with 500mb bonus for every person who uses your referral link, compared to the 2gb startup and 250mb bonuses for DropBox. The catch is that SugarSync on your laptop uses up almost 2x the RAM as DropBox (or maybe its just because I have more files syncing?) and is generally slower than DropBox in updating.

Upvote 0
Dropbox is fantastic, i use it every day :p

I forgot, another thing SugarSync has over DropBox is that DropBox can only get you about 10gb max on your free account. SugarSync gives "allegedly" 105Gb. I say allegedly because I dont know anyone who has reached this, but with 500mb bonus per referral, and if your referral upgrades to a paid plan you get 10gb bonus, I dont see why it wont go 100gb (just 2 referrals who upgrade to paid and you get more than 2x DropBox's max free storage, for free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones