1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Best App management tools

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JiMinitaur, May 16, 2010.

1. JiMinitaur

JiMinitaur Lurker
    None

May 16, 2010
    I use Android Mate and Automatic Task Killer myself. Was curious as to what others preferred. They're not perfect, but I keep coming back to these two, because I can't find others I like more.

Why:

Android mate:

• Backup all apps at once.
    • Uninstall
    • App folders
    • Simple cherry picking app killer
    • Integrated file browser.

Automatic Task killer

• Automatically works whenever screen turns off. This is helpful when I reboot my phone and all the sprint junk I don't use starts running again.
    • Option to automatically blacklist installed apps

So how do you manage your phone?

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    If you're so concerned with "Sprint junk" running, why not root and remove it instead of killing it over and over? I also use systempanel, it has a slick useful interface and though I'm not a huge task killer user, the kill all widget is useful on the occasional out of control app. I have quick setting on my phone too, mainly because it was my first Android app. With Android, I don't get backing up apps. If you do clear mem/update and restore, the apps no longer look for updates in the marketplace until you manually d/l them again. I don't find it a imposition to d/l them all again right after a update. Before updates, I use app dragon to email a list of the installed apps. I wish I could find an app that would backup all the account and mail settings including k9, that would be a useful backup. I spend way more time re entering all that stuff after a update than I do installing apps.

3. ubervic.dj

ubervic.dj Lurker
    None

May 19, 2010
    Virginia
    Hi, new guy here.
    I'm new to smart phones, and I'm running the Eris. Like it a lot! It was set up with Automatic Task Killer at the Verizon store. I did not realize that ATK can be configured to engage automatically whenever the screen turns off---that's great news.:)

Thanks

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.