1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best app to render MS Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gwarcher, Jul 20, 2011.

1. gwarcher

gwarcher Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    I have an Asus transformer. I love it to pieces and recommend it to everyone.

That being said, the main reason for purchasing it was to use it in conjunction with our projector and a powerpoint presentation that we do all the time.

The machine hooks up beautifully to the projector, and our wireless remote even works with Polaris Office (HUGE bonus)

However, Polaris does a horrendous job rendering the presentation and many of the charts and graphs begin to render choppily halfway through. By the end, the presentation looks like it is rendering on a NES.

Long story short, I can't justify keeping the tablet unless I can find an app that will render the presentation as lossless as possible AND run it with a remote.

The presentation is about 75 slides long and was created using the default charts and graphs found in powerpoint.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would love to keep the tablet, but will be forced to return it and move back to a laptop if I can't get this to work.

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    I don't know if they will do what you are asking, but it won't kill you to try them. Documents to Go or Google Docs. First one is a bit pricey and the second one is free.

3. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    You'll only need the full version of DocumentsToGo if you'll create and edit PowerPoint.

Only for viewing PowerPoint (to see the rendering job), you could use the free version of DocsToGo.

Harry