1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best apps for cycling?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by alexacuna, Jul 26, 2013.

1. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

I'm currently using Strava on my track bike for commuting instead of transferring my bike computer from my mainly long distance rig. Anyone using something that might be better? This one seems nice, but again it's the only one i've tried so far.

Advertisement

2. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I've enjoyed using Endomondo - its a good app with readouts for things like avg speed, calories burned etc and it can also call out your times for each mile you ride.
    Here's a screenie from a trip to school that I took a while back :
    [​IMG]

The only other app I've used is Google's MyTracks which is a lot more basic.

3. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

I'm trying to return to cycling after a ten year pause, and before I get too old and knackered to do it. So my needs are probably very different to yours - basically I just want to plot my routes and know how steep that hill was that nearly defeated me. I've given all the obvious contenders a quick spin and have settled on Endomundo. It gets good reviews but, for me, the clincher was that the collation of routes and data on my Windows laptop seemed far easier and more polished than the other offerings could manage. Not saying that I'm right, mind!

Mehta23 likes this.
  4. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

I am mostly focused on time + distance as of right now and am gearing for a long distance ride (about 130 miles in a day). It has been nice switching between the different apps to track performance.

5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I'd still recommend having a look at Endomondo, or if that doesn't float your boat, try MyTracks.
    Depending on how long it takes you to do 130 miles, your phone's battery might not last that long (GPS is a real juice guzzler)

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

USB Bike Generator :p

Mehta23 likes this.
  7. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

Used that app this morning for my commute and it was pretty cool! Whenever I do my long distance riding, I use the actual cycling computer since it's on my touring rig. These are all great apps for training and i'm having fun switching it up.