1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best apps for young children

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by artbytes, Dec 19, 2012.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

I would like to install some educational and some fun apps for my grandsons, ages 5 and 6, on a 7" tablet. They are just beginning to read, and could still use practice with letter sounds and early sight words. They enjoy the math apps at their level. Fun stuff OK, too. Would love to hear good suggestions. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. arej00dazed

arej00dazed Newbie

honestly, what I did was go to the education catagory in the market and scrolled through the Top Free section. It blew my mind how much was out there!

I'm giving my kids our old phones (droid 2) to use as an "ipod" for xmas. I've been spending the past month setting them up, d/ling apps and games and free txting. I haven't tried any of the apps myself, but give it a browse.

Also theres an app called Kid TV. It searches youtube for kid appropriate videos and displays the list.

3. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll go do a search on educational.

When I was loading some things on to my tab before, I found that a lot of the free kids apps have links for purchasing more items in them. I think it's a good idea to test out what you put on their devices. I'll also be looking for a way to prevent them from buying any thing at the play store without a password. I haven't tried that, yet.

4. apptastic

apptastic Lurker

I have a Free Android App to help learn the ABCs It's called ABC App free by Apptastic in the Play store
    Would be interested in some feedback, Thanks

5. Lovelygamer

Lovelygamer Lurker

Yeah i have a really lovely game for you it call HomeBear, it is a child friendly game.
    In HomeBear you have to help the bear to come back Home. It is very simple and easy to play.
    Please clic here Home Bear Game - Home Bear from dojit games

6. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

7. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Android Enthusiast