1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Apps To Get?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by piedpiper853, Jul 4, 2011.

1. piedpiper853

piedpiper853 Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    Oxnard, CA
    Hey Guys, I just wanted to know what apps i should get or consider getting for a "Stock" Atrix (I don't plan on rooting only because i don't see any big advantages yet but hey I'm a rookie so what do i know). Any kinds of apps are cool (ex. games, tools, any other kind of happy horse shit). Thanks for any help or suggestions guys!

Advertisement

2. Eddie Bombay

Eddie Bombay Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    LPP, Dropbox, Beautiful Widgets Lite, Barnacle Wifi Tether, ASTRO, Barcode Scanner, Battery Circle, ColorNote, Desktop Visualizer, DiceShacker 3D XD, Starbucks App where you don't need to use your starbucks card anymore (they scan your phone as if it was a card), Hot Reboot (cost 1$), Juice Defender, Live Holdem Pro, HBO GO (if you pay for HBO, shit is like crack!), JTV Launcher (for those payperview moments when you don't feel like dropping 50 bones on MMA PPV's you can watch live streams, KakaoTalk, Flixer, Neocore/Quadrant Standard, Linpack, HD Wallpapers, System Recovery (might need root for this one not sure), TMZ & Tango Video Chat.

HankAtrix likes this.
  3. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    I am the VP of a database software company
    I am from New Orleans but have had the great oppor
    FYI here are some of the apps I've downloaded:
    JuiceDefender
    Texas Holdem
    Ultra Keyboard (a new keyboard app that has spell check)
    ATK (advanced task killer)
    Pandora (radio)
    Translate
    and about another 100

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Trying to not duplicate, here are the apps I use

1) Bible app. By Youvision – over 40 translation and dozens to download for offline viewing. All ways have Gods word with you. I Love this app. You can even highlight text, choose reading plans and send scripture by e-mail, text, etc.

2) Google Shopper – Good at looking up items and comparing prices
    3) Battery widget – uses 1% incriments
    4) Weatherbug Elit
    5) Executive Assistant
    6) Flightview – Keep track of flights, never worry about flight changes or delays again. (The widget is instantly updated when changes are made.)
    7) QuickPic – Looks better then stock gallery app and much snapper
    8) Apps organizer – Create folders for apps to place on home screen
    9) Data widget – Pretty accurate in cell, wifi and tethering usage.
    10) Quick App manager – Auto clear caches, etc.
    11) ES File Explorer – manage files thru wifi and internet on laptop or other computer
    12) Power manager – set different profiles with settings to conserve battery
    13) Screen On – keeps the screen on for those apps that don’t have the option
    14) Quick settings – allows turn on/off of GPS, Data, wifi, brightness, vo., etc. from the notification bar
    15) Timeriffic – Set different profiles for like sleep, wake, etc. and set vols. For ringer, media, etc. turn off/on data, wifi, GPS. (Battery saver)
    16) Flashlight – uses the duel LED
    17) Kitchen Timer – can set up different presets for times. (I use this a lot for when kids are on the computer or playing games.) you can have up to 3 times going at once
    18) Handcent – Great texting app
    19) Car Dock – (This is not the stock app.) I have an iGrip car dock, so I needed a car dock app to open myself, since the stock when would not work with it
    20) CoPiolet Pro Live USA – Great for offline navigation. (maps are stored on phone.)
    21) Pandoria – Great listening of your choice
    22) iheart radio – local channels anywhere you have a cell or wifi signal.
    23) Cardio Trainer – Great workout app
    24) Calorific – Keeps track of calorie intake
    25) Fast Food Calorie and Restaurant Nutrition – List of restaurants with there menu calorie and nutrition counts
    26) WebMD – Great for looking up medical info. About different symptoms and stuff
    27) FirstAD – Most carry a first AD kit, why not an app to tell you what to do in en emergency situation. (Thankfully, I haven’t had to use this.)

Edited: I forgot a few other helpful apps.
    28) Volume Control - Allows you to preset all volume controls on phone: media, notifications, ringinger, etc. under three different profiles.
    29) Adobe Reader - Can open PDF's
    30) Quickoffice Pro (paid version) - Allows you to create, edit and view Word, Excel, Powerpoint and create PDF's.
    31) Car maintenance (paid version) - Set reminders for maintenance for all your cars, oil changers, fluid replacement, tire rotation etc. (Free version is the same, but just for one vechicle.)
    32) Walgreens - weekley adds and easy prescription refills.

HankAtrix likes this.