• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best AT&T Phone as of now?

yahoowizard

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
Opinions on the best Android phone as of now? They released about five new phones in, recently, too, and not sure where to go. I got the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) about a year ago when that was pretty much the best option, and I have an upgrade option coming up.
The main reasons I would upgrade would be for 4G, a front camera as well as a better back camera, a working GPS, dual-core processor, bigger screen, etc. I don't necessarily want to go with the Galaxy S II since it seems about double the price of the other phones with similar specs and not worth it. Then again, yeah, I'm looking to see how the others rank up against each other more than anything. Ideas?

It's a toss up between the i4s and SG2. Sure the SG2 is double the price but the fact that it has one of the best cameras on a phone of any kind alongside a killer SoC (which makes it super fast), really nice samoled ascreen , and a few other goodies justifies its price.

i4s, i dont think i need to go into that. Same old same old + a somewhat faster processor and siri.

Upvote 0
It's a toss up between the i4s and SG2. Sure the SG2 is double the price but the fact that it has one of the best cameras on a phone of any kind alongside a killer SoC (which makes it super fast), really nice samoled ascreen , and a few other goodies justifies its price.

i4s, i dont think i need to go into that. Same old same old + a somewhat faster processor and siri.
Curious, how the heck is the Samsung Galaxy S II double the price of the iPhone 4S? You can get the SGS2 for as low as $99~149 on contract while the iPhone 4S is $199.

Upvote 0
you can get the gs2 for $199 on contract with at&t. Unless you get some kind of promo deal or something...
You can get it from Amazon for $149 upgrade/new 2-year contract and you even get $15 credit ($5ea app store, music store and kindle store, I think).

I seem to recall AT&T undercut Amazon and was selling it for $99 with new 2-year contract during the first weekend or something. Perhaps the price has gone back up.

Upvote 0
You can get it from Amazon for $149 upgrade/new 2-year contract and you even get $15 credit ($5ea app store, music store and kindle store, I think).

I seem to recall AT&T undercut Amazon and was selling it for $99 with 2-year contract during the first weekend or something. Perhaps the price has gone back up.
Awww, yeah, it's not 300 dollars anymore...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones