• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best battery app

I've never found any advantage to using battery saver apps or widgets over just setting up a phone carefully. The only 'battery saver' I use is Y5 which is called a battery saver but is really a simple auto WiFi switcher.

That said, there may be some advantages to using Juice Defender or similar apps in certain special situations needing certain options otherwise not available.

Upvote 0
Are you looking for a battery saving app or a battery monitoring app?

I'm using a battery monitoring app called Battery HD. It's just an information/monitoring app, doesn't do anything to preserve battery power. It gives me a rough runtime of how long my battery will last during my day of usage.

SC20120421-180651.png

SC20120421-180700.png

SC20120421-180708.png

Upvote 0
Easy Battery Saver - See here

That was the best battery app I've ever used and it actually works amazingly well. On my SGS2, with the stock battery, after installing / customizing this app, I got around 3 days from 100% battery to 10%.. and this was not just a one time event. I've tried this app for close to a month now.

Check it out. It's really worth it. Very easy to use and customize.

PS., and no, I'm not involved with this app in any way other than being just a user and so I'm not trying to market this app.

Upvote 0
Easy Battery Saver - See here

That was the best battery app I've ever used and it actually works amazingly well. On my SGS2, with the stock battery, after installing / customizing this app, I got around 3 days from 100% battery to 10%.. and this was not just a one time event. I've tried this app for close to a month now.

Check it out. It's really worth it. Very easy to use and customize.

PS., and no, I'm not involved with this app in any way other than being just a user and so I'm not trying to market this app.

Must have taken a heck of a lot of tweaking. On my Triumph, a non-customized stock profile did NOTHING.

Not to say it was any more of a problem than JD, just a waste of space. At least it didn't totally cut off my connectivity when I was actively trying to use it as JD did.

Upvote 0
I tried JD, but found it did nothing I couldnt already do with stock widgets, like turn off wifi, data, sync etc.
Now I only use Badass as a monitor as it says in the top bar how many % battery is left so I know when to charge.
Getting 1 day 22 hrs from a HTC WFS.

How would one find out what apps are malicious?

Upvote 0
I tried JD, but found it did nothing I couldnt already do with stock widgets, like turn off wifi, data, sync etc.
It's not about what you can and can't do. It's about automating the process. With a widget, you have to actually press it to turn stuff off and on. With JD, it just does it for you. It's about convenience and automation, not additional functionality.

How would one find out what apps are malicious?
http://androidforums.com/android-ap...explained-security-tips-avoiding-malware.html

Reactions: jamesbil
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones