1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Best battery for longevity?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ProRezOnline, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ProRezOnline

ProRezOnline Well-Known Member

Not looking for ways to make the battery last longer but rather the longest lasting battery. (Samsung Captivate)

Any recommendations?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    the longest lasting battery would be the one with the highest amp rating, ie maH

3. ProRezOnline

Right. I read however that their are those which are somewhat over-rated or simply making false claims so I thought this would be the best venue to ask for feedback.

Evidently there are some extended life batteries (2600 mAh) on the market (which also require and may/may not come equipped with the specialized back door panel) for the galaxy S but NOT the captivate. I was hoping someone would know of such a thing for the i897...

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Any battery above 1500-1600 mAh will required a custom back battery cover and will have a bulge, causing it to not fit in any standard cases.

For me, I find a better solution is to use an external battery pack like the ZaggSparq. Others just keep spare standard batteries around and charged.

5. ProRezOnline

Right. I have been doing the extra battery thing but it still is inconvenient. Thats why a stronger battery - with the associated custom back door panel - would be preferred for me. Especially if I could get a battery in the 3000 mAh range...

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
  7. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

Wow that thing is huge! You would never catch me with one that big on my vibrant, they get really heavy. I had one like that on my G1 and it got really old really fast.

8. ProRezOnline

PERFECT!! Thanks!