• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Battery Life Rom?

ahorner

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
I'm using the Sense 4 rom with the Anthrax kernel and my battery life seems to be pretty horrible. Coming from the Droid X running ICS with a smaller battery, I got better battery life before. Overclocked to 1.6ghz with SmartassV2, but drops to 1.2ghz when it gets above 93 degrees F and 384mhz when the screen turns off. Facebook and Twitter set to not sync, coverage is decent where I am. GPS off. Auto brightness is on, but usually dim. I have noticed the phone getting warm in my pocket, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

2nhjafm.png

2i9tpo6.png

As you can see, it even dropped 2% in the 1 minute between taking screenshots.

I'm using the Sense 4 rom with the Anthrax kernel and my battery life seems to be pretty horrible. Coming from the Droid X running ICS with a smaller battery, I got better battery life before. Overclocked to 1.6ghz with SmartassV2, but drops to 1.2ghz when it gets above 93 degrees F and 384mhz when the screen turns off. Facebook and Twitter set to not sync, coverage is decent where I am. GPS off. Auto brightness is on, but usually dim. I have noticed the phone getting warm in my pocket, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

2nhjafm.png

2i9tpo6.png

As you can see, it even dropped 2% in the 1 minute between taking screenshots.

Could be the kernel, or a rouge app. I have been using Ultramatrix Rom v1 and get great battery life. I do notice my phone gets hot when im power using it. I am also on anthrax kernel. So that could very well be it, but not sure.

I'm also using setcpu and have it set to 1.2ghz with it ondemand.

Upvote 0
Could be the kernel, or a rouge app. I have been using Ultramatrix Rom v1 and get great battery life. I do notice my phone gets hot when im power using it. I am also on anthrax kernel. So that could very well be it, but not sure.

I'm also using setcpu and have it set to 1.2ghz with it ondemand.

I'll try ondemand and clocking it back down to 1.2ghz. Also, it was getting warm in my pocket when I wasn't power using it. I don't think any rogue apps, everything I've downloaded I know is fine.

Upvote 0
I'll try ondemand and clocking it back down to 1.2ghz. Also, it was getting warm in my pocket when I wasn't power using it. I don't think any rogue apps, everything I've downloaded I know is fine.

Yeah, in my pocket its about 86.0 degree f. So not sure why yours is getting hot. What is the temp when you pull it out of your pocket? Are you running the latest version of anthrax kernel?

Upvote 0
Yeah, in my pocket its about 86.0 degree f. So not sure why yours is getting hot. What is the temp when you pull it out of your pocket? Are you running the latest version of anthrax kernel?

I don't have an exact measurement right now, but I would say warmer than it should be in pants with loose pockets, maybe between 80 and 90 degrees, which seems way too hot for me. Anthrax version is rls_QC-3.0.4

Upvote 0
I don't have an exact measurement right now, but I would say warmer than it should be in pants with loose pockets, maybe between 80 and 90 degrees, which seems way too hot for me. Anthrax version is rls_QC-3.0.4

Try an interactive governor..maybe with sio..

Which sense are you using..I used to get great battery life with our sense 4 and several different anthrax kernels..some better then others

Upvote 0
what recovery did you use to flash this, i remember i flashed this when i was s-on i used twrp my installation seemed to be ok but i was having the same problems you were having, phone heating up randomly, terrible battery life, try using 4EXT recovery and make sure you enable SmartFlash and do a clean install this fixed my problems. If you really want to maximize your battery life i suggest doing S-off It may be a difficult process but well worth it you can find lots of threads about S-off on these forums.

Upvote 0
what recovery did you use to flash this, i remember i flashed this when i was s-on i used twrp my installation seemed to be ok but i was having the same problems you were having, phone heating up randomly, terrible battery life, try using 4EXT recovery and make sure you enable SmartFlash and do a clean install this fixed my problems. If you really want to maximize your battery life i suggest doing S-off It may be a difficult process but well worth it you can find lots of threads about S-off on these forums.

I am s-off, using TWRP (2.2 I think? The touch one). Flashed Anthrax 3.2 and it may be marginally better now. Using the Chubbz Sense 4 rom. Wifi is on when I'm in the apartment usually 12hrs a day

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones