1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Best Bionic Verizon Deal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hikersc, Sep 17, 2011.

1. hikersc

hikersc Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    I have a rooted OG Droid that is working for me. Verizon keeps sending me emails to upgrade to the Bionic. I have had a $30 NE2 (Loyality Discount?) since March.

Here are my options and questions:

1. Upgrade with trade-in: The price is $300 and they give you a promo code (after activation) to receive a $100 gift card for my old phone. Does anyone know if this has to be the phone (OG Droid) that I am now using or can I turn-in another Verizon phone that I have used in the past (i.e. VX8350)? Also, do I keep or can I use my $30 credit with this upgrade path?

2. Standard NE2 Upgrade: The price shows as $250 on the website but it appears that this price also includes the $30 but I am not sure. Any experience here would be appreciated.

As a side note, both these paths require a 2 year contract - as always.

Are there any other deals out there that I might have overlooked? I am aware of the Cosco deal but am not close enough to make it worth it.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    The $100 trade-in price is only if you are upgrading your current "feature phone" to any smartphone. If you currently have a smartphone on your account, you will not get the $100 trade-in coupon. And DO NOT temporarily put a feature phone onto your account to buy the Bionic. You will loose your unlimited data thus your 4G unlimited data grandfathering.

The $100 trade-in is a ploy by Verizon to get people on smartphones and their tiered data plans. Give them $100 up front to get back $30 to $80 per month for 2 years!

3. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 20, 2010
    i didnt check my verizon account before i went to upgrade. do they still give credits towards new phones? did anyone do it online?