1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Boost Mobile phone from $200-$250 One SV; ZTE Max; Opt F7; Volt; Samsung Galaxy S3; Too Old?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Hojapoja, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Hojapoja

Hojapoja Lurker

I am having a really hard time choosing between new phones for Boost Mobile. I am looking into phones that are around $200-$250 that are 4g compatible and rootable and PDA net/hotspot capable. The hotspot/PDANet is not a necessity but it would be nice if they were comparable.

The phones currently on their website around this price range are.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (model: SPHL710 - 1.5 ghz dual core - 2GB RAM/16GB Rom - Kit Kat 4.4)
    Boost Max by ZTE
    HTC One SV
    LG Optimus F7
    LG Volt
    ZTE Warp Sequent

I had my heart set on the S3 because of its large community, replacement parts, cases etc but after thinking about how old it is I am worried it has reached the end of its life.

For the price I would really like a phone that will last a few years. Is there another, better option in Boost's lineup? If you can think of any other that they have removed from their line up or are below the price range feel free to give them an honorable mention.

Thank you all for your help!

BTW They are running an awesome promo deal for 10gb of 4G data plus unlimited throttled after that $55/mo till the first of November! This deal lasts as long as you have that plan with them. This is why I want to upgrade from my Transform Ultra to a 4G phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

3. Hojapoja

Hojapoja Lurker

Kate, thank you for the response.

Price is not really a factor within the range supplied. I am more than willing to spend at the top of my price range (~$250) for a phone if the performance is better.

That being said, I don't want to spend $250 just to say to myself "Awesome I have a $250 phone, it must be decent because it costs $250". Does that make sense? The biggest factor for me is performance and how long it will keep up with newer technology.