• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Browser and firmware Question

mikejos28

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
Just wondering what free Browser for the Devour was best? I have heard good things about both Opera Mini & Dolphin but, is the default browser as good as those? Also, would love to know if anyone has any idea when the next OTA update for Devour firmware is coming, is 1.6 the latest?

Thanks

1.6 is the latest firmware on the devour, there was an ota a few months ago which improved performance and fixed a few bugs so go to settings- about phone-check for updates just to double check you have it. it doesnt seem that the devour will be getting another firmware update due to the fact that the device may be discontinued shortly.

the default browser is pretty good for my needs but i do use Skyfire, it finds a way around not having flash and loads most videos(except hulu)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones