1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Best Browser for Skyrocket (ICS)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FreeRangers, Aug 2, 2012.

1. FreeRangers

FreeRangers Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Since switching to ICS I've had some issues with the stock browser (most Google's search queries not working properly). So I switched to Dolphin HD, I really like that browser (except for the occasional banner ad, but I can live with that). But I noticed that in the last month Dolphin has used 1.5 GB of my data plan, before I switched to dolphin I never went over 1GB data use. SO I'm looking for a browser that uses less data. I like the fact that Opera Mini/Mobile compresses data, but I hate the way Opera Mobile handles google searches (it basically loads a stripped version of the page, and loads a google query displaying the content of the page). Opera Mini dosen't display google search queries and doesn't load some pages in mobile form, where as dolphin does. So I guess what I'm looking for in a browser is something that is fast and compresses data. What browser are you guys using?

Advertisement

2. ADRz

ADRz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Obviously, you need to try Chrome (although I am not sure of its memory usage). Beyond this (and Opera) there is the very fast Maxthon and the video-supporting Skyfire, all of which work very well.

3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    +1 on Chrome. It's speedy, doesn't take up much onboard room, and [retty efficient with data.

4. FreeRangers

FreeRangers Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Does chrome do any sort of data compression? I'm not using the internet any more then I did when I was using the stock browser, but Dolphin seems to be eating up my data plan.