• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy called, and they're opening early!

mrk

Android Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2010
Austin, TX.
I have an appointment for 7:00AM :). If anybody was confused about what the appointment actually meant (I certainly was), all it means (at least in my case) is that if we come in at that time, we get to skip any line that might exist. So I'll have my Evo at 7:00AM on the dot :).

I have an appointment for 7:00AM :). If anybody was confused about what the appointment actually meant (I certainly was), all it means (at least in my case) is that if we come in at that time, we get to skip any line that might exist. So I'll have my Evo at 7:00AM on the dot :).

Best Buy morse road, columbus Ohio, June 4th I will be there!!!;) 7:00 AM

They called and said I could come whenever I wanted to. I asked when they opened. He said seven. I said okay, seven it is. He said I and one other person were confirmed for this time slot. I think they are doing two per half hour.

I can't think of a better way to start my morning.:) Of course, I will have to stop by dunkin doughnuts for the coffee on the way!!!

Upvote 0
BBYM Employee here - We are NOT allowed to open to the general public until our advertised time (usually 10AM at this time of year.) However a store CAN set up appointments for people who preordered to pick their device up before the store officially opens. This will be different for every store and not everyone will be able to have employees working at that time.

So no, the stores wont be opening early, but you can still get your Evo before stores open.

Upvote 0
I havent got a call or anything from mine, I called them about a week ago and the same person set up my pre order told me they are not doing appointments because I am guaranteed a phone. So many questions will have to be answered if I cant stroll in to get my phone and then stroll out.

EDIT: They left me a voicemail last night, Im first on the list will call back when they open to get the 8am slot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones