• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy installed invisibleshield for me and i think theres water damage!!!

My buddy had this happen to him in the store b/c the application solution got into a side crack on the phone and you could see it underneath the screen when they got done. Good thing they had an extra one left and just switched it out. The second EVO took just fine with pretty much the same amount of solution. BUT FYI , you have to apply like almost the full bottle of AS or it just won't stick. I tried to put a little bit on mine b/c I didn't want the same thing to happen to me (they didn't have anymore Evo's left either) and it didn't stick at all so I had to get another one and apply ALOT more and let it absorb and remove the bubbles for at least 24 hrs and everything turned out good. But it was pretty funny when it happen to him. You should have seen the look on his face! :eek: PRICELESS.

The solution doesn't make it sticky it does quite the opposite. You apply the solution so that it doesn't stick immediately. It even says in the instructions to use less solution for less air bubbles. The more solution you apply the longer it takes to dry and the more you risk damaging your phone. I have installed several invisible shields.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones