• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

BTW I hope you have some free time because the questions aren't going to stop for awhile. :D

I was prepared for this. Today is actually my day off ;) I Enjoy this though, it helps me pass time, talk with some android users (or soon to be), and also, help clear up any questions before hand, so to avoid confusion later on.

Upvote 0
Can Best Buy do New Every Two discounts?

From what I have seen, no. I haven't found a way to do it in our system. The only thing I can think of is paying the difference, and having verizon credit your bill, but that I'm not sure of either. I'm going to put this into my "Will check into it tomorrow" file. It would help if our regular verizon rep wasn't on vacation, but doesn't mean I won't text her and try to get an answer.

It's no so much of a "can we do it?" as much as it is "what is the process of doing it?".

Upvote 0
From what I have seen, no. I haven't found a way to do it in our system. The only thing I can think of is paying the difference, and having verizon credit your bill, but that I'm not sure of either. I'm going to put this into my "Will check into it tomorrow" file. It would help if our regular verizon rep wasn't on vacation, but doesn't mean I won't text her and try to get an answer.

It's no so much of a "can we do it?" as much as it is "what is the process of doing it?".

Just got a text back! Awesome. She said only direct stores, so looks like we can't. What I would do though, is talk to the Mobile Manager, tell them you will go to a verizon store, maybe they can work out a price match on the phone for the NE2 discount. But yeah, we can't do it through our stores, it seems.

Reactions: ylexot
Upvote 0
Just got a text back! Awesome. She said only direct stores, so looks like we can't. What I would do though, is talk to the Mobile Manager, tell them you will go to a verizon store, maybe they can work out a price match on the phone for the NE2 discount. But yeah, we can't do it through our stores, it seems.
Thanks for checking!

Upvote 0
How does X compare to EVO in terms of size/dimensions? Do you have actual numbers?
I am trying to get a armband for my EVO but cannot find a decent one. So I am hoping someone is manufacturing customized armband for X and maybe EVO can fit in....

It's thinner, not as wide, and longer. I don't think it will fit =/ I tried to get my incredible to fit into the Iphone armband and it wouldn't either. What a world!

Upvote 0
I have a dead Eris which was my last upgrade in December. Due to my horrible situation with no android phone, is it possible for me to get a free upgrade to the Motorola X?

I think the offer only goes towards people who have upgrades this year. A free upgrade wouldn't be possible through best buy, as it sounds like one of those exceptions that Verizon would have to take care of. There is also a 1 year warranty on your phone, you can always call verizon and have them send you another one if it's a manufacters defect.

Upvote 0
I know that Verizon has had alot of buy one get one's on Droids. Will this phone count and be eligible through Best Buy? My wife might jump that way if I can get her one (may not be the x).

The BOGO is only through Verizon, but! The Droid at Best Buy is 99.99, and no mail in rebate either. So, up front you pay less. The BOGO offer from what I understand does not cover anything besides the original Droid. I could be wrong though. Anyways, if you got the X and she got the Droid, it would be 299.99 plus tax. Through Best Buy, I mean.

Upvote 0
hello...

i have few questions

i called Verizon to make sure that im eligible to upgrade
-they said that my upgrade is on Nov but i still can get early upgrade now and it will cost little more

-so will BB mobile allows me to do early upgrade so i can get Droid X because i just pre ordered few days ago

-if they allows me to do early upgrade now and im planning to renewal my 2 years contract

lemme know thanks

Upvote 0
hello...

i have few questions

i called Verizon to make sure that im eligible to upgrade
-they said that my upgrade is on Nov but i still can get early upgrade now and it will cost little more

-so will BB mobile allows me to do early upgrade so i can get Droid X because i just pre ordered few days ago

-if they allows me to do early upgrade now and im planning to renewal my 2 years contract

lemme know thanks

It shouldn't cost more, if you upgrade is this year, you get the Droid X for the 199.99 price on the 15th. Thats what the conference said, I'm assuming it is a deal made between motorola and verzion, just like Apple did with ATT for the iPhone 4. As long as they change your upgrade date to the 15th or before in their system, it will show up in ours and you can do it. If verizon's system tells us that you are not eligible for the upgrade on the 15th, we cannot give you the 199.99 price. I would definitly talk to verizon and get that cleared up first. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Wake4x4ptball
Upvote 0
Question, I'd like to go to BB and preorder mine possibly tomorrow afternoon but my wife currently works for Wells Fargo. I was told from a Verizon kiosk rep at BJ's Wholesaler that I cold bring her work badge in and get a discount on the plan. Could I get the same through BB?

Thanks for the answers you've been providing us!

Upvote 0
That's not what the conference said...they said if your contract end date is within 2010 you get it, not upgrade date. Several sources and the press release have confirmed this. But a lot of people like myself called Verizon and got lucky by having them move up our upgrade date to get the upgrade price :)

Upvote 0
Question, I'd like to go to BB and preorder mine possibly tomorrow afternoon but my wife currently works for Wells Fargo. I was told from a Verizon kiosk rep at BJ's Wholesaler that I cold bring her work badge in and get a discount on the plan. Could I get the same through BB?

Thanks for the answers you've been providing us!

The discounts for the plans you can do at anytime. You can call into customer service and I believe you fax them your pay stub, or you can go to Enter your location if she has a work email address. We can't apply them through the store though, unfortunatly. I had to do mine for Best Buy Mobile through the website too, if it makes you feel any better :(

Reactions: jonhcox
Upvote 0
That's not what the conference said...they said if your contract end date is within 2010 you get it, not upgrade date. Several sources and the press release have confirmed this. But a lot of people like myself called Verizon and got lucky by having them move up our upgrade date to get the upgrade price :)

"Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch." This was from the Gizmodo Live blog. You're right, it doesn't mention pricing, but it does say upgrade date, and not contract end date :) Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones