1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Best Buy Mobile Idiocy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilpadfoot16, May 5, 2011.

1. lilpadfoot16

lilpadfoot16 Newbie
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    So, the lens cover on my Inc has been partially sunken in for a couple weeks now, and finally caved in all the way around, so it's sort of resting on top of the camera lens. I recently discovered it also has two small cracks in it, luckily, they're both around the lens, so it hasn't affected my picture taking yet. (*knock on wood*)

Since I have BB's "insurance", I decided to ask what they would do about it while I was there to spend a reward certificate. The guy who I talked to immediately said to go online and I could fix it myself. Um, no, I have the BB plan and that's exactly what I told the guy. He didn't take that for an answer and asked to see my phone and take the back off. He then started attempting to pull the red ring off my phone!!! I managed to divert him from his endeavoring by asking him what BB fixing it entails and got my phone back from him. Effing idiot. I spend money each month so that when the camera lens cover breaks completely, THEY will be fixing it, not me voiding my warranty by DIYing it. It especially sucks when I've only had this phone three months now and the cover already came unglued.

Advertisement

2. CincyGT2009

CincyGT2009 Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Yes, they should fix/replace it, but honestly it's a $7 or $8 part on ebay and is held on with double-stick tape and you only have to take the battery door off...not exactly a big deal.

3. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member
    None

May 17, 2011
    Store Manager for vzw
    by the lake..
    lol I bought my phone from bby mobile when it was on special. The salesman was supposed to sign me up with black tie, but he clicked the assurion button instead. I'm kinda glad honestly, I worked for best buy for 7 years, and the changes they have made to their warrenties are horrible. Glad I don't have to deal with it. I'd rather deal with assurion, which should speak volumes for my thoughts on best buys dealings, lol.