1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Buy over Sprint Store

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by Thunderbolt89, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    It says at best buy i can buy the evo for 99 with an upgrade and its oh wow 149 now at the sprint store (assuming because of the evo 3d). Why is the Best buy cheaper for the same upgrade and whats the difference upgrading in store (sprint) rather then best buy? Thanks

Advertisement

Justinlara313 likes this.
  2. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    SF
    I haven't verified the pricing, but best buy is a big store so they can probably afford to run special pricing. does the sale have an end date?

at best buy they give you instant rebates... that is the biggest difference.

at best buy you have the option of sprint insurance and/or bestbuy's insurance.

a lot of people do not like bestbuy's insurance as you have to send the phone out for any repairs needed. even if its in warranty, of course if you are inside of 30 days you can still just exchange it. it usually takes like 3 weeks to a month to get your phone back from repair and you get a loaner phone with a 150$ deductible. careful tho if you have bestbuy activate the loaner sprint may try to charge you activations fees.

sprint will send you a rebuilt unit, I think with in a few days or you can go to a repair center and they either fix or give you a new (if in stock)

the big question is what type of insurance do you want if any?

sprint 7$ a month 100$ deductible for lost/stolen/damage - re-manufactured replacement

bestbuy 9.99 a month no deductible, have to wait long for repairs, new unit if they can't fix it. does not cover lost or stolen phone - it does cover accidental damage.

its nice to go to sprint as they usually know more about the phones, service, and insurance plans. but bestbuy can be ok depending on your local store. my local bestbuy is in a big city and most of the employees seem ok. more up on technology then I've read about from other peoples experience.

if you know you want sprint insurance and the evo and don't want to have to wait to get your rebates. then I say go to bestbuy and just don't let them sell you their insurance package.

if you want piece of mind that your sprint store will be there to help you, go buy it from sprint.

la sal and Thunderbolt89 like this.
  3. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2011
  4. Drew5150

Drew5150 Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    SF
    wow! that's a good price

yeah they must be trying to get them sold, or compete with at&t's iphone sale.

if you decide to buy that off the internet I think you get 30 days to add or remove either insurance plan... not sure tho

Happy Evo shopping! :)

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    That sale runs through next Saturday. Keep in mind if you but it at best buy and they further discount it in the next few weeks they will price match it (within 30days)

Strictly speculation but I forsee bestbuy doing a free with contract on the evo late june early july

Oh....and sprint insurance goes up to 8$ soon...I got a letter but dont recall start ddate
    Far better than bb ins IMO

la sal likes this.
  6. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

From what people tell me, Best Buy is the best place to buy phones because they always offer phones for discounted prices than regular MSRP value. Why? I have no clue. It's legit though so don't worry about them screwing you or something lol