1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best buy pissing me off!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndreaCristiano, Feb 7, 2011.

1. AndreaCristiano

So my friend is in vacation. I call up my local BB and ask what the status is on the inspire. They tell me they have no update as of now and they took ny number and will call me back. So I called a different radioshack and they said they will reserve the phone for me and let me buy it outright. So if I don't hear back from BB today they just lost a sale

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

That sucks dude. I don't think it will be too bad though, I doubt best buy sells out the first day.

3. mbranscum

mbranscum Member

Just placed my order at the Shack. Manager told me he might get the phone in on Friday or Saturday and said he would call me to pick it up if he did! :)

4. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Android Enthusiast

F best buy..just go where you aren't being jerked around.

5. AndreaCristiano

Now that's sweet. Im thinking this is the direction I am leaning

6. YouGotRedOnYou

good move. I'm gonna go on Friday just to "check up" on my pre-order. maybe I'll get lucky too!

7. AndreaCristiano

It just makes.no sense how in hell don't you have any info on a phone that's launching Sunday

8. YouGotRedOnYou

Agreed. Know your product if your going to work in that field.

9. AndreaCristiano

The best is " I will take your number and get back to you " sure ya will

10. YouGotRedOnYou

When I took my wife there to get off T-Mo and onto my account, the guy (trainee) actually lost my wife's number. Luckily, they were able to go back and recover it. Since then, I've avoided them like the plague.

Hope things start going in a better direction for you.

11. AndreaCristiano

They will lol cuz there is no way Sunday comes and I don't have this phone

12. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast

What was the price that Radio Shack had for?

13. AndreaCristiano

14. JSchu22

That's awesome. I'm still skeptical of that price, but certainly hope its true as of Sunday.

15. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

That would be awesome to have the Inspire a day early!!! You would be here parading around saying "Yeah, I have it already!". LOL. Please let the rest of us know if you get your Inspire early!

Matt

16. Blanco720

Blanco720 Android Enthusiast

its 99 bucks on contract. htc's other phone the thunderbolt is selling on contrat for 249 iirc. reason? because its a refresh of the DHD (essentially). T-Bolt is a whole new deal. Why do you think 449 is unreasonable for a phone that att would subsidize ALL THE WAY TO 99 bucks?

17. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Cleaned up a few posts in this thread....

Remember that age old saying "ff you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is still relevant on AF. That is, if your comments are rude or not needed, please refrain from posting them. :)

18. JSchu22

I'm skeptical of 3rd parties selling it at $449, not at&t, because they just don't usually do that.

19. Blanco720

I suppose your skepticism is a good, natural defense mechanism. Looks like we will see in a couple of days.

20. JSchu22

Like I've said- I hope I'm wrong.

21. AndreaCristiano

Tbolt is not a whole new deal. Its the dhd with different outside shell and lte

22. Blanco720

touche

23. AndreaCristiano

Glad I could help :)

24. AndreaCristiano

So beat buy just calls back and says they wont know anything for.sure till Thursday. So what do I do wait and chance it? Or preorder at the shack?

25. YouGotRedOnYou

Go to the Shack if you can get the deal you want. Those BB people sound very under informed