• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Price-Matched Amazon!!!

mcwatson84

Lurker
Dec 20, 2011
I just upgraded from the HTC Droid Incredible 1 to the HTC Rezound today. First thing I want you to know is...

Back in February of this year I used my wife's upgrade to get the Droid Incredible from Best Buy for FREE. They were also just rolling out the Buy Back Program and were offering it for FREE. Today, I saw Amazon advertising the Rezound for $149.99, called up my local Best Buy to see if they would price match, and they said yes...after getting a manager's approval of course. I went in to have them buy back my Incredible and they gave me $240 for it on a best buy gift card...40% of the retail value ($600) because I was within 6-12 months of my original purchase date. They then price matched the new phone with the upgrade I had for my line and I left the store with a brand new Rezound and $80 left on the gift card. I feel great knowing they paid me to upgrade to a new phone. Thanks Best Buy!!!

I just upgraded from the HTC Droid Incredible 1 to the HTC Rezound today. First thing I want you to know is...

Back in February of this year I used my wife's upgrade to get the Droid Incredible from Best Buy for FREE. They were also just rolling out the Buy Back Program and were offering it for FREE. Today, I saw Amazon advertising the Rezound for $149.99, called up my local Best Buy to see if they would price match, and they said yes...after getting a manager's approval of course. I went in to have them buy back my Incredible and they gave me $240 for it on a best buy gift card...40% of the retail value ($600) because I was within 6-12 months of my original purchase date. They then price matched the new phone with the upgrade I had for my line and I left the store with a brand new Rezound and $80 left on the gift card. I feel great knowing they paid me to upgrade to a new phone. Thanks Best Buy!!!

F'n AWESOME LOL!!!:D

Upvote 0
Wow. I read the price match and I thought it didnt apply to online deals or I would have tried that.

But if you had an unlimited data plan before were you able to keep your unlimited data when upgrading through bestBuy, Amazon gave me the option to keep unlimited, Amazon is the only retailer I've seen to offer or atleast advertise the option to keep your unlimited data.

Upvote 0
Wow. I read the price match and I thought it didnt apply to online deals or I would have tried that.

But if you had an unlimited data plan before were you able to keep your unlimited data when upgrading through bestBuy, Amazon gave me the option to keep unlimited, Amazon is the only retailer I've seen to offer or atleast advertise the option to keep your unlimited data.

I got mine from Costco and kept unlimited

Upvote 0
I went to best buy on 12/28 and asked if they would price match Amazon's $149.99 for an upgrade and they said they could only come down to $249.99. I passed, but by the time I went to order it from Amazon the upgrade price went up to $249.99...DOH!

Just waiting for a better deal now but maybe I'll head back to best buy and see if I can get something for my DInc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones