1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Best Buy pricematch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bkertz, Jun 25, 2011.

1. bkertz

bkertz Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Java Developer
    STL
    Just an FYI to everyone that bought their phone at Best Buy. My buddy and I picked ours up yesterday. The guy was telling him that they will pricematch within 30 days if there is a lower price. So my buddy told him that wirefly and amazon were selling it for $180. The guy said OK and adjusted the price for both of us. So we both walked out the door with an EVO 3D for $180. A couple other sales people tried to tell him he couldn't price match to amazon, but the mobile manager came over and said, "I'll pricematch anything as long as we're still making a dollar." This may not work at all Best Buys, but I thought it may help some people out.

Advertisement

2. BeerPimp

BeerPimp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 11, 2010

Also if Best Buy lowers the price in 30 days from the day you purchased they will give you the difference. This is as likely as flying pigs. But back in the day when I bought my Palm Pre they screwed up and put out a flier or online advertisement that listed it as $99.00. I went in that Sunday and got the difference. I almost did not because I forgot that receipt. But they were able to pull it up from my card. Good thing because they only honored it for that Sunday.

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    Online sale price matches will only happen if the salesperson is misinformed. They are only supposed to price match their local competitors, and the competitor must have the item in stock. Online stores, such as wirefly, amazon, etc. should be exempt.

Tags: