1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Buy Purchase: Are you getting the buy back program?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marctronixx, Feb 22, 2011.

?

Will you invest in the BBY Buy Back Program?

1. Yes I will invest in the BBY Buy Back Program.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. NO I will not invest in the BBY Buy Back Program.

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. marctronixx

Moderator Thread Starter

Best Buy Buy Back Program

Just a simple question on those of you who plan to purchase the xoom at BBY, will you invest in the buy back program?

i am... at the rate new tabs are coming out in 2011, the street value of the xoom in 8 months could be small.

Advertisement

2. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

You do realise if your buying a xoom on launch day buy back program is free...

Bo_Droid likes this.
  3. marctronixx

Moderator Thread Starter

nope i did not know this. the last time i read this was last week and i could have sworn the free offer would have expired before the 24th....

4. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

How? Not aware. :thinking:

5. parrotheadmjb

parrotheadmjb Member

I thought it was extended for phones...

6. Aookay

Aookay Android Enthusiast

Correct, it was extended for phones, but not for tablets.

marctronixx likes this.
  7. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member

I was under assumption it was extended until 24th on all eligable products.

8. parrotheadmjb

parrotheadmjb Member

Bo_Droid, marctronixx and Old Member like this.
  9. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

marctronixx likes this.
  10. marctronixx

Moderator Thread Starter

even more reason for me to stick with BBY for the initial purchase. im glad i opened up this dialog. this thread should be valid past the 26th for the window shoppers who finally come in to purchase the device.. :D

11. paulsurf

paulsurf Lurker

I was the first one into BB in one of the north Atlanta stores just as they opened Sunday .:D # 1 on my pre order reciept. I called the store back when I got home asking about the buy back program and was told only free on Phones and the Xoom would be $69. I was planning on getting the buy back deal but now if free on tablets till the 26th.....free is a no brainer ! :D

marctronixx likes this.
  12. marctronixx

Moderator Thread Starter

kennesaw? acworth?

i had the pre order done at arbor place/douglasville... i figured that was far enough out of the way that the pre orders would be small...

13. paulsurf

paulsurf Lurker

Pre ordereed at Alpahretta,Ga store Was first and went back on Monday to see if I could add the portfolio case. Lady said looks like me and only 2 orther pre orders. Was told the portfolio case should be avaialbe on Thursday
    But again I will buy( free?) the buy back program....perhaps a quad 4 processor this time next year ? :cool:

marctronixx likes this.
  14. parrotheadmjb

parrotheadmjb Member

If its free I'll take it... but other than that not a chance. Its a terrible deal

rjoudrey likes this.
  15. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert

Common sense should tell you they will be selling these at the market price and will probably make 25% min in the process. Why not just sell it yourself and keep the extra 25%?

16. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

I happily take less and be done with it. Time & lack of liability is worth more to me than getting top dollar.

I used it, enjoyed it, and returned it hassle free.

Not a moment of wasted time with pain in the butt people who want to negotiate, spend your time answering question after question ... Well, you get the picture.

If I was cash strapped that would be different, but I am not.

Adieu

marctronixx likes this.
  17. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Android Expert

Ever hear of eBay? I sold well over $10,000 worth of equipment and in almost every case got more than I thought it was worth. Never a hassle or complaint as long as you are truthful about the condition. Always amazes me what people are willing to pay! ;)

18. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

Yes I've used eBay.

Congratulations on your windfall.

marctronixx likes this.
  19. parrotheadmjb

parrotheadmjb Member

Like I said its a terrble deal, ill prob do that whenever I upgrade. But it can't hurt signing up if its free :/

20. marctronixx

Moderator Thread Starter

this is why best buy has birthed this scheme.. for folks who juat want to walk in, get a offer and roll out.

i have sold thousands on fleabay also. everything i have sold has been obsolete but much anticipatied music studio gear.

however in a few short months the xoom wont be so high on the totem pole like it is now.. especially if the majority purchase the wifi model.. who needs to be locked into a month to month data plan when they can get the wifi and no worry about another bill?

plus more tablets are coming out so the street price for the xoom will drop more so than a typical handset would... to me this plan works and i would do it again in SIMILAR (not all) circumstances.. :)

opinions a plenty on this of course... :eek:

21. parrotheadmjb

parrotheadmjb Member

Im probably just going to a Verizon corporate store. I just honestly don't see a single situation where bestbuy would give you the same amount of money or more than you could get on your own.

marctronixx likes this.
  22. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

Lets see, 6mo-1yr = 40% = $240 back. 1yr-18 months = $180.00

If they match the $600 for 2 year contract I think BBY will earn my money.

marctronixx likes this.
  23. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Android Expert

They use the unsubsidized price, so itll be like $320 and $240. :)

24. joeski27

joeski27 Well-Known Member

If you read the press release, while it has been extended through the 26th for Tablets, it is only extended for tablets purchased at standalone BB Mobile locations (extended for phones at all BBY locations, mobile and otherwise).