1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Buy switching repair contractor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frogbone, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Frogbone

Frogbone Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Engineer
    Minnesota
    Went to Best Buy today for some unrelated products but thought I stop by the wireless department and ask about the light leakage that I have had for many months.
    I happen to have the very first EVO that was sold at that store on launch day and I purchased the insurance / replacement plan.

Anyways, I never pursued having my light leakage fixed as the EVO was always in such high demand that they probably wouldn't have had one to give me.

So I asked today if they would fix my light leakage problem. The girl said I should wait until the 22nd when they switch their repair contractor. She said that they weren't very happy with the current one and that repairs and/or phone replacements usually took around 30 days.

She said the new contractor won't repair my phone, they would replace it and I would get a new one within 1 to 3 days.

Thought I would report this for others who have the Best Buy protection plan and are looking for service.

Advertisement

2. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    Likely it will be replaced by a refurb. My girlfriend is assistant manager at the local Best Buy. I need to find out about this.

3. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    As long as they don't switch the contract to the Geek Squad.