• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Wants HP To Take Back The TouchPad

HP is going to discontinue operations of webos. Touchpad, unfortunately become as a "come to show and then go away". Ironically, Touchpad once had been claimed as killer to iPad.
Claimed as iPad killer was merely HP's pipe dream. Unfortunately, WebOS kept falling into the wrong hand....first Palm and then HP. Neither one of them has the ecosystem to support the mobile devices. In this day and age, you cannot succeed in the mobile device world without a strong ecosystem. It is the primary reason why Apple and Google have been so successful.

In my humble opinion, WebOS (and Palm) should be bought by RIM and not HP. If RIM got the WebOS, it might have save both companies because RIM still had a large ecosystem and a lot of customers last year.

Upvote 0
I don't feel bad at all for HP and Palm. They came out of the gate with all the possibilities for success that Android had and their customers telling them how to do it. They ignored us, lied to us, and then turned on us. Then they deprived us of webOS products on the market for months & expected us to wait to be loyal to their new product line. Sorry. That's just unrealistic. webOS is the result of the decisions, lies, & business practices of Palm & HP. It'll be a footnote in technology history. I'm proud to say; I told "them" so & that I'm a proud Android user now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones