1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Buy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chief113, Apr 18, 2012.

1. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

I see AT&T has finally announced the HTC ONE X. I was thinking of buying from Best Buy, because I had signed up to receive a $50 gift card when you upgrade there. Anyone ever buy from them? Pros/Cons?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bobTX10

bobTX10 Member

I bought my last phone (htc EVO) at best buy. Good experience. No hassle.

You can either get the carrier phone protection or they provide their own through geek squad I think. I'm gonna do the same this time as I have the 50 bucks towards a phone as well, but I highly recommend pre-ordering as best buy is really unorganized with big phone releases.

chief113 likes this.
  3. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

Thanks Bob. What about the micro Sim? I now have a regular sim in my Inspire. Will Best Buy give me the micro Sim or do I have to go to the AT&T store? I just really can't stand the AT&T reps at my local store, and would like to avoid them at all costs.

4. bobTX10

bobTX10 Member

Can't answer any questions about sim cards as ive been with sprint my whole life haha. So sim cards will be a new experience for me. But I highly doubt you'll need to go to att. Pretty sure best buy will cover everything you need when setting up the phone.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

So this thing has a micro sum card huh. Wonder if I can still update my sons line but not have his number transported to a micro sim. My plan was to use his upgrade give him my LG Thrill and use the One X as my phone. So now I'd have to port my number to a micro and keep his on a regular sim. Anyone know if this is possible.

6. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

It's been a couple years since I have done something similar (so policies might be stricter), but at that time I went into the store and they somehow swapped around upgrade times

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I hoping it can be done.

8. DaytonaZ33

DaytonaZ33 Well-Known Member

BBYM rep here.

1. We will give you a new sim card if you need, it's included for free with the purchase of a new phone.

2. Yes you can swap upgrades from line to line, just make it clear that you are intending to do that from the beginning to avoid any headaches.

s.m.knipe likes this.
  9. Jose Born

Jose Born Lurker

hoping it can be done.

10. bobTX10

bobTX10 Member

Anyone know when we can preorder from best buy?!?!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews