• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Cable For Charging Galaxy Note 5 In Car USB

royh

Lurker
Apr 28, 2021
Hi everyone! psyched to be part of this community.

I had this short usb charge cable that so far has been the ONLY cable that has efficiently charged my Note 5 through my car usb port, as well as being quicker through the home charge.

I lost it, and as odd as this sounds for a computer programmer , i'm not sure what length it was but it was the shortest possible i believe , which i've heard may of had to do with it's success in the car.. don't know if it was usb 2 or 3..

anyone that can shed light on this like
- is there a common solution (cable type and length) that work well
- what is the shortest length in actual size (i'm 99% sure it''s the shortest they make them, just don't know how long)

would be very appreciated :)

Welcome to AndroidForums.com. :)

Most OEM cables are around 3' long, and seeing that your car's usb port probably isn't putting out as much power as a charging block it would make sense that longer cords wouldn't work as well. As far as brands, I've always done well with Anker. I believe the Note 5 still uses a Micro-USB port, but you should verify that first.

P.S. I fixed the spelling error in your title. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to AndroidForums.com. :)

Most OEM cables are around 3' long, and seeing that your car's usb port probably isn't putting out as much power as a charging block it would make sense that longer cords wouldn't work as well. As far as brands, I've always done well with Anker. I believe the Note 5 still uses a Micro-USB port, but you should verify that first.

P.S. I fixed the spelling error in your title. :)

Hey thanks so much!! and thanks for correcting my spelling :) 3' means 3 feet right? i tried searching 3 inches and couldn't get anything..
this cable was super small though it barely reached my gear changer from the usb... you're sure 3 feet is the shortest made (assuming you meant 3 feet with your notation) ?

Upvote 0
Hey thanks so much!! and thanks for correcting my spelling :) 3' means 3 feet right? i tried searching 3 inches and couldn't get anything..
this cable was super small though it barely reached my gear changer from the usb... you're sure 3 feet is the shortest made (assuming you meant 3 feet with your notation) ?
Yes, 3' is three feet. They do make shorter cables, I have some that are only 1 foot. The shorter the cable generally the better, at least so long as it is long enough to reach from the port to a convenient spot for the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones