1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best cache cleaner?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sushifor5, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sushifor5

sushifor5 Android Enthusiast

Now that I'm rooted, what app should I use for daily cache cleaning...I'd like to clean all caches in one click if possible rather than going thru each application and looking to see if it needs to be done.

Is this the best approach to keeping battery life good and increasing internal storage memory?

I'm planning to do links2sd...i don't know if that's relevant.

TIA!

Advertisement

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast

I use 1 Tap Cache Cleaner. Cleans the cache for all apps in one click and also has a history cleaner to delete your search history

sushifor5 likes this.
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

!-Click Clear, clears your app cache,messages,history, and sd card cache clear

4. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

And it wants permissions to everything under the sun. I'll pass on this one.

I use Link2SD's App2SD's cache cleaner.

sushifor5 likes this.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

Wow, it sure does. Thanks for the that info. Good catch MacFett , I must have been totally asleep when I downloaded it. Uninstalled and then went to the market and selected it to install and read all the things that it wanted permissions for. That was scary reading what all it wanted to,and could do. Won't be downloading back on to my phone.

Sorry for posting the info on the 1-click clear app. DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP. Sorry again.

benslgdroid, sushifor5 and MacFett like this.
  6. sushifor5

What do you select in the Link2sd menu? i see something about dalvik cache, but am not sure what that is and if it is the same as the individual cache buildups from various apps....??

thanks!!

7. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

sushifor5 likes this.
  8. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Sorry, I meant App2SD.

sushifor5 likes this.
  9. sushifor5

I looked at all the suggestions and also read about one called cachemate for root. any thoughts on that one?

i'm seeing people on forums complain about clearing cache from google maps...is that a bad idea to do?

10. sadielynn

sadielynn Android Enthusiast

I've been using the cache cleaner in the root tools app,mostly because it also gives you the option to clean cache from your sdcard* and actually does it* woo! You can't go by what the toast message says when it's done tho,cuz it'll say something like 'cleaned 1.0028mb' when it really cleaned 10mb

11. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Have a link? Search did not reveal this app.

12. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

13. exProphecy

exProphecy Android Enthusiast

Does anyone here use the Cache Cleaner in the ES Task Manager? I recently discovered that ES File Explorer has a button called "Manager". I clicked on it and there was this WHOLE new world that had ES Task Manager, ES App Manager, ES Security Manager... is this all new or am I just a n00b? xD well anyways, that's the one I use now haha

Tags: