• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Calendar App?

What's your favorite calendar app? (Note: multiple choice ok)

• Stock, whatever comes with the phone

Votes: 70 17.4%
  • Pure Calendar

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Calwidget

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • Agenda Widget

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • Smooth Calendar

Votes: 25 6.2%
  • QuickCalendarWidget

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pure Calendar

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Pure Grid Calendar

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • S2 Calendar

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Calendar Pad

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • iRT Calendar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pocket Informant

Votes: 25 6.2%
  • Business Calendar

Votes: 57 14.1%
  • Gemini Calendar

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • other

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • PimlicalA

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Jorte

Votes: 90 22.3%
  • Touch Calendar

Votes: 24 6.0%
  • Calengoo

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Calendar Snooze

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters
Calengoo, whenever you add any task, you get endless options: a number drop-down (any number), and a period drop-down (day, week, month, year). So you can put in every "2" "weeks" (or every 3 weeks, every 40 days, every 21 weeks, every 2 months, etc). Really brilliant!

I like the sound of this app just for this aspect alone.

Does it allow you to multi select random days/dates for the same type of event?

e.g.
For my childs after group class, the days change from week to week. So I'd like to be able to set up the first day, then have some sort of a drop down mini calendar where i can just randomly select the respective days and hit "Done". Which would result in the current event being added into the dates that i've selected.

Beat's having to..... "select day, paste event, Done", "select day, paste event, done", "select month, select day, paste event, done" so forth and so on.

Upvote 0
Potterson, Calengoo will allow you to copy events to another day in two quick ways:

1. you can drag and drop, or

2. when you go to any new date and hit the time, there is a pull down menu beside the events description box which has copies of your last 20 or so enterred events. If you click the one you want, it will automatically be copied.

Upvote 0
Potterson, Calengoo will allow you to copy events to another day in two quick ways:

1. you can drag and drop, or

2. when you go to any new date and hit the time, there is a pull down menu beside the events description box which has copies of your last 20 or so enterred events. If you click the one you want, it will automatically be copied.

Brilliant. I just downloaded Jorte, but I will definitely check out Calengoo as well, just for that one aspect. That's the beauty of all these apps, if one isn't good for you, there's almost certainly one out there that is.

Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
I've got an Incredible 2. The standard Gmail app works fine, but I can't get any of the native apps to sync with Google calendar, docs, or photos; I don't even get to add a calendar when I click "add calendar", and I haven't found an option to log in separately to the gmail account I want to use. In fact, I think it's even dropping the appointments I put in. (I also hate gmail's contacts interface, so I'm shopping for that as well, but I'll search for that separately) .

I desperately need a reliable, syncable calendar for my work and personal appointments. Docs and photos would be nice too, but the calendar is critical. I haven't read all of the 14 pages on this thread, but folks are mostly talking about how a calendar looks and handles tasks. Could anyone just list which of the popular ones (Jorte, Pure, Calengoo, Smooth, or another one you like) can sync with Google?

Alternatively, if someone can point me to a troubleshooting thread on the native Calendar app, that would be just great.

Upvote 0
Could anyone just list which of the popular ones (Jorte, Pure, Calengoo, Smooth, or another one you like) can sync with Google?

I know Jorte and Business Calendar sync with Google Calendar just fine, and you can set the Google calendar to be the default location for new events (unlike the stock calendar app). I've been experimenting with both and haven't settled on one or the other yet.

I tried Gemini but it was just too fricken ugly to tolerate.

Upvote 0
I use the stock calendar with two different widgets. For quick reminders, I have on my home screen Simple Calendar Widget and on another screen I have GO Calendar widget, which shows me the month and on a corner the days I have booked for something.

For the time being, I barely sure the calendar, so this fits my needs; I might change to a more powerful calendar app in the future, though.

Upvote 0
For the time being, I barely sure the calendar, so this fits my needs; I might change to a more powerful calendar app in the future, though.
A calendar is the only thing that'll make up for how ditzy I get when my desk disappears under piles of case files. I moved to Droid 2 months ago from a Palm Centro, a mediocre phone but outstanding organizer with desktop sync to multiple computers, so I'm at a loss without a calendar I can update on the computer and sync to a phone or vice-versa!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone; if there are others, please add on!

Upvote 0
I moved to Droid 2 months ago from a Palm Centro, a mediocre phone but outstanding organizer with desktop sync to multiple computers, so I'm at a loss without a calendar I can update on the computer and sync to a phone or vice-versa!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone; if there are others, please add on!

If you're a Palm vet, perhaps you were familiar with Datebk... in which case you should check out Pimlical for Android (same author, but not on the Marketplace yet):

Pimlico Software home page

Upvote 0
If you're a Palm vet, perhaps you were familiar with Datebk... in which case you should check out Pimlical for Android (same author, but not on the Marketplace yet):

Pimlico Software home page
Wow! I had no third-party apps on the Centro (never bothered to get email or web), but Pimlico's desktop and Datebk app look great. I'll look at the others as well in case there's a free app that won't require a learning curve, but Pimlico has that familiar Palm feel and look, and it's probably worth $25 for the pair. Say what you want about Palm, but it is (but soon will have been) very good at what it does.

Upvote 0
I was a 10 year Palm vet (I have to say that a palm out of the box from 10 years ago is still way better than any Android stock calendar, contact or memo app). I use Calengoo on my phone and just use a browser to access the google calendar on any computer. Compared to before, it is nice not having to go and sync every computer because google is always synced up for any computer. I do use Pimlical on one computer as a safety backup just in case this whole cloud thing disappears.

Upvote 0
I use Calengoo on my phone and just use a browser to access the google calendar on any computer.
So Calengoo does sync with Google calendar. Good.

Palm really is a nice little system; I haven't seen a combination of contact list and calendar that comes close to how easy it was to use. I still need to find an app that will do better at displaying contacts, but the calendar is my current mission.

Upvote 0
I have had about a dozen updates of Calengoo in the last year. If you already own Calengoo, shoot an email to the developer with your problem. He is very responsive especially with any bugs.

Very, very responsive.
I'm wrong, but I went to CalenGoo for Android Tutorial and then to CalenGoo for Android which is in fact not the latest updates page at all.
News is the latest page.

Upvote 0
Do any of the alternative calendars mentioned here allow for "repeat" entries other than "one time", "daily" "weekly", "monthly" & "yearly" ??? I need to set up an item for "every 2nd week" and the basic calendar thta came with my G1 Android does not permit that sort of period. Thanks ....

I use 'Toch Calendar'. IT has more possibilities for repeat and it stil uses the Standard backend. As widget, I use 'simpel calendar'. I've changed the fonttypes a little to make it look orderly. Also you can select the Toch Calendar to open for when you tap on the widget.

I use Astrid for managing my todo's. It has its own widget.

hope this helps

Upvote 0
I don't ask much of a calendar - I just need to set up recurring appts (ex. choir practice every other Tues) AND - this seems to be lacking in all that I've looked at - COLOR CODING. I want to be able to see at a glance whether it is my husband, my son, my daughter, me or the family that has something coming up. I realize most apps are designed for business, but I can't be the only one who needs/wants to use colors like I do in Outlook or Google. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones