1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best case for Evo??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rube8514, May 28, 2011.

1. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

I just got the Evo and bought the Body Glove for it. What is everyone else using for a case??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Ballistic...maximum protection

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert

I am using the platinum case from best buy. It's the same as the seidio option. Pretty happy with it. I miss having the bazillion choices that I had with the iPhone though. I would love one of the switcheasy capsule rebel cases for my EVO.

4. Ironbutt1345

Ironbutt1345 Lurker

I just got the Otterbox Defender for my EVO from the Sprint Store. At $49.95 it was pricey, but well made and looks like it will do a great job of protecting the phone. As it should for $50! I was using a generic leather case with a belt clip, which was barely adequate, at best. It makes the phone bulky, but it's already a big phone, and since I work in Public Safety, I am willing to trade bulkiness for protection. Besides, I really don't mind the "bigness" of it, I have big hands, so it seems to fit me well. Time will tell, I'll update as necessary, but so far, very good!

5. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

If wan when you switch to an extended battery, you could look at the Sedio. double duty case one for work, one for off duty

6. SVN S1X TW0

SVN S1X TW0 Newbie

I'll second the ballistic case. With water resistant mesh over the speakers Wbs the rubber outer case on it, the thing is indestructable. Watch the drop tests on YouTube. Get it on amazon for under $30

7. Black Llama

Black Llama Lurker

8. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Ballistic also has excellent customer service.

9. hollawood24

hollawood24 Well-Known Member

I personally use the Livestrong case, that can be found in radioshack, but incipio makes the same case in different colors. It's a excellent fit to the phone, it doesn't seem to add weight like all the others and still fits great in your hand. I've gotten quite a few compliments on it and even referred a could people. And yes, it can withstand a drop (I've dropped it a few times) :( ....

10. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member

BALLISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1! Then the Otterbox Defender...:D

11. Vidocq

Vidocq Lurker

Otterbox Defender so far I am really happy with it.

12. viperkorn

viperkorn Lurker

Anyone know of a good case for the evo with an extended battery? I know seidio makes one but it looks flimsy. Wish ballistic made one.

13. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Thanks, ordering black feather

14. davidr521

davidr521 Lurker

I won't touch another Seidio case.:mad:

Under normal wear and tear, I got barely 8 months out of the case before the stupid clip broke. I work in an office, and wear a normal, thin leather belt.

Reached out to them and here's what I was told:

I'll check with OtterBox next.

15. vailpass

vailpass Well-Known Member

Just got the Otterbox Commuter. Looks great, feels great, we'll see how it wears and tears as time goes on.

16. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member

After my initial comment, I bought the Otterbox Commuter. That's what I had when I had my Hero. I really like how durable it can be without all of the bulkiness. The only thing that I had to do with this otterbox is cut the flap off where you charge the phone. It would always come out and not stay tucked away. I just used scissors and it looks even better now!

17. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert

i like soft silicone. not cheap hard plastic. hence Seidio Acive X.

18. TheLaw_09

TheLaw_09 Lurker

Otterbox for me and I love it. The stand broke off however...

19. bigbully67

bigbully67 Lurker

Trident Electra Series Case with a 2800mAh battery. I ordered one from amazon for about $50 and should have it in my hands this week. Looked to be a really nice case to me. I'll do a review for you all when I have a chance to give it a good looking over.

Jceinc likes this.
  20. mawotring

mawotring Lurker

Has anyone had any troubles with their new otterbox case for the EVO not fitting "snuggly" on the sides? My sides seem really loose and seem to "flare" out a bit?

21. parkerskouson

parkerskouson Android Enthusiast

Definatly Otter Box Commuter Series. I dropped it from 10 ft on to concrete and nothing happened:)

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews