• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Case for Spec?

I have had the Ballistic case for a couple weeks, and I can't decide if I like it or not... I usually run my phones naked, but this one is pretty lite and slippery so it's a big adjustment.
One thing I noticed, I was using Google maps to find something and the gps wouldn't hold my position until I took off the case, I thought that was a little weird but soon as I removed it I got a good lock and never lost it.

Upvote 0
I've been using the Ballistic for a month or two. It adds a lot of bulk and weight to the phone, but the added protection is worth the tradeoff. I took the case off the other day for something, and was shocked at how thin and light the phone is without it. But I sat the phone down on my leg and it immediately slid off. Luckily I caught it. I prefer the tacky rubberized case to the slick back for that exact reason.

Upvote 0
My "ballistic" case arrived today. Very cool, I'm very happy with it. It definitely adds bulk, but also a lot of protection. I can live with the added bulk, if it protects as well as it looks like it will. I like to dual layers, silicone and plastic.

I like this Ballistic case also, dropped my phone a couple times already and it's still like new under the case.

Upvote 0
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/r...Q7ZG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1338489110&sr=8-9

I received this today. Let me say anyone who hates that we don't have an otterbox for our phone needs to get this case. It's amazing. Very well built and high quality and looks good. I'm very happy with my purchase of this case. For the price I don't think you can beat it. It definitely appears to be of pretty high quality.

It adds a decent amount of weight to the phone as well. It also has an adjustable kickstand built into the holster clip which is nice for those who watch videos on their phone. And a really neat, and unexpected benefit of this case is that it makes pressing the power and volume buttons easier, and more pleasant.

So far for me it's 5 out of 5 stars. If that changes after I use it for a few days I will let you all know.

build *****
design *****
cost *****
function *****

Upvote 0
Amazon.com: Verizon LG Spectrum (VS920) Premium All Black Hybrid Slicone + Hard Protector Case Cover With Heavy Duty Belt Clip Holster (+ Screen Protector): Cell Phones & Accessories

I received this today. Let me say anyone who hates that we don't have an otterbox for our phone needs to get this case. It's amazing. Very well built and high quality and looks good. I'm very happy with my purchase of this case. For the price I don't think you can beat it. It definitely appears to be of pretty high quality.

It adds a decent amount of weight to the phone as well. It also has an adjustable kickstand built into the holster clip which is nice for those who watch videos on their phone. And a really neat, and unexpected benefit of this case is that it makes pressing the power and volume buttons easier, and more pleasant.

So far for me it's 5 out of 5 stars. If that changes after I use it for a few days I will let you all know.

build *****
design *****
cost *****
function *****

I just received the exact same based on your recommedation and it is perfect! Priced right too. If it had a little stand it would be fabulous! I am not going to complain for 9 bucks!

Upvote 0
I just received the exact same based on your recommedation and it is perfect! Priced right too. If it had a little stand it would be fabulous! I am not going to complain for 9 bucks!

awesome man! it certainly is a nice case.

Not sure what you mean by stand, but you are aware that the holster clip will operate as a kickstand right?

Reactions: str8blkcoffee
Upvote 0
I went from one of those slip on silicone sleeves to the ballistic. The slip on sleeve wasn't secure and you could feel it slip around the edges, but it was better than nothing.
Then, I recently picked up one of these:

$(KGrHqYOKjoE7D-g3JueBPlb4vKhbQ~~60_35.JPG

I like it even better than the Ballistic...pictured here:

ballistic_sg_series_lg_spectrum_99120big.jpg

I never liked the large rounded corners on the Ballistic, although I can see how they add a ton of drop protection.

The newer hybrid case has the hard plastic part UNDER the silicone cover. It fits snug to the phone, leaving no gaps. It does fit better and smoother than the Ballistic. The only thing I could nit-pick is the flap that covers the charge/USB port and earphone jack. It close snugly, but when opened, it seems to be stretching and pulling at the silicone. It needed a better "hinge".

The hybrid cover isn't as heavy nor as bulky as the Ballistic. But it feels like it would protect as well in a drop. I like how the plastic under layer fits square to the screen. I could always detect a little "curve" to the lines of the Ballistic cover, and that bothered me a little! But both will do a great job of protecting the phone from rough handling or drops. The Ballistic feels a little more "tacky" than the "Hybrid".

Upvote 0
41BOVO3rkdL._SS400_.jpg

I have to say this REVO case is pretty secure. It adds a little bulk but the silicon case fits tight, then it has a plastic armor that secures around it, then it can be locked into the holder. The clip on the hold is pretty impressive too. I have snagged it pretty good while exiting my truck and it has held, I also managed to smash it and slide it under my leg when jumping up into the seat and it has held its grip to my belt.

The phone can be held on the case forward or backwards (to provide extra protection to the screen). The clip is strong enough to clip on a saggy pocket without losing grip. And I might add the kickstand deal is pretty dope too. (thanks IMU for enlightening me ;) )

I guess if you wanted, one could carry it in the silicon slip case alone but it would play hell pulling it out of your pocket without emptying the contents on the ground as the silicon is a little tacky. It is that tackiness which allows you to keep your game on when your meat fisted grip is all sweaty. Yeah I sweat a bunch and it is hot like the surface of the sun down here in Dixie so it helps. :smokingsomb:

Besides it rhymes with DEVO
220px-Are_We_Not_Men_We_Are_Devo%21.jpg

Reactions: IMUcarmen
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones