1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Best Cassette Tape Player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Huawei Sean, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Huawei Sean

Huawei Sean Newbie
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    I was wondering what was the best tape adapter for my Droid X. I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima.

I tried a few, my first was the Phillips. I got it from a friend who had been using it for a while, and it sounded good in my car. but it eventually shorted out, so I needed a new one.

I ordered a couple online, one was a white tape that said it was for an ipod. it worked fine but didnt sound that good. it was only 2 dollars. The sound quality was very low, and it had too much bass. Ive tried messing with sound options on the phone but it still didnt sound good. Ill try and post the link:

New White Car Audio Cassette Adapter For iPod Nano Touch MP3 CD | eBay

The next one i got, was a very cheap black one, with no apparent brand. Only $1. When I put it in my car, it would spit the tape right out. It would read it for a second, when the arrow on my display was pointing up. (I'm guessing it was reading the top side.) But it would switch to the bottom, and no audio would play, and then it would spit it out. Ive tried hitting buttons to make it stay on one side, but nothing would work. (I also tried this tape on my brothers 99 Maxima with Bose, it still spit it out.)
    I was surprised because this tape sounded better for the two seconds it played. Here is the link:

CAR CASSETTE TAPE ADAPTER FOR CD MP3 IPOD TOUCH IPHONE | eBay

I can spend up to $15 on a new, high quality one. I'm just not sure which one is the best for my Droid. Sorry for the length of this post, and any replies are very welcome. Thank you!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey Sean,

I've moved your thread to the accessories section... Hopefully, you'll get some more views and replies in there.

Cheers!

3. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Your best bet would be to do a Google search for reviews. Not many people use a cassette adapter to connect their X to their car audio.

Huawei Sean likes this.