• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Cell Phone Case for the Motion 4G

SwoRNLeaDejZ

Android Expert
Dec 25, 2012
ma
www.sneaky-media.com
I have tried MANY cases for this phone so far, including the lame ass one Metro offers in their store, and they all suck. I finally found one that I LOVE, sooooooo I made a YouTube video about it :)

Enjoy.

LG MOTION 4G METRO PCS BEST AVAILABLE CASE CASING SILICONE SLEEVE UNDER $10 - YouTube

Here is the case on eBay:

BLACK only: LG Motion 4G Metro MS770 Adv Hybrid Armor Case Skin Cover w Stand Black | eBay

WHITE & BLACK: LG Motion 4G Metro MS770 Adv Hybrid Armor Case Skin Cover w Stand White | eBay

Stands are just something else to me on a cheap case to break.

I don't need the Rambo tactical look. *My* tactical doesn't "look"...it's hidden. :D

Buttt, I'm all over the 2 piece hybrid cases. I've had one on the DX for 2 years now. Here is the one I ordered for my Motion.

Amazon.com: Hybrid Perforated Black/ Black Faceplate Hard Plastic Protector Snap-On Cover Case For LG Motion 4G MS770: Cell Phones & Accessories

OTOH, both my coming case and yours have design faults IMO. Neither of them fully cover each of the 4 corners for impacts with the hard plastic part. Neither are the edges of my DX case covered all the way around the corner and that's also an error in my book. But, an acceptable error in light of the other cases.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
as far as I am concerned the only design flaw I can find with this case, is the fact that the way the case is attached to the phone the kickstand bottom and the micro USB port are on the same side, therefore if you want to have the phone with the kickstand open and the power cord plugged in you can't stand the phone up because the micro USB is in the way. other than that the silicone is thick enough and the plastic covers enough of the corners that it actually does offer pretty good protection from falls.

Upvote 0
I've had the same setup on all 3 of my Metro LG/Android phones- the Metro gel case (which I have found to be excellent although the supplied screen protector is crap), a Blackberry type leather belt holster, and Zagg screen protector. This keeps the phone doubly protected and easy to access, and the few times I've dropped them there hasn't been any damage.
I long ago learned to avoid the cheapo cases on Ebay and Amazon, especially the two-piece hard ones that snap together, as they are worth what you pay for them and don't hold up for very long.

Upvote 0
First thing first, i effin LOVE your username.. Awesome.. I have had thus case for a while now, and it is holding up fine, the only case that metro had when i purchased this phone were hard plastic, back only, shell-type cases, in chrome or pink, AND THEY SUCK. I tried 3 other ones that i found in various places and they all sucked. This case is affordable, adds a nice look to the phone, and the damn thing bounces when dropped. For three money, it can't be beat

Upvote 0
Well if it's standing the test of time so far that's good, I hope it keeps holding up.
I don't think I'll ever use a hard plastic case again, the gel cases are so much better. More grippy for holding the phone and more protective, also fairly easy to remove/replace without having to unsnap/snap plastic things which eventually break.
When I first got my Optimus M, I discovered that it fit perfectly in a Blackberry holster even with the gel case on. Fortunately my next two phones (Optimus M+ and now Motion) have been close enough in size that I'm still using the same holster. Amazingly although the holster is over two years old now, it's still in perfect shape. It was just a generic BB leather holster from Best Buy.

Upvote 0
check this one out... an otter box defender look alike... i've benn using this one for 5 months now and it holds up and i work in a dirty aviation warehouse. the kickstand isnt so flimsy. the rubber is tight. i lost count on how many times i dropped my phone...first that i've ever seen A+ quality when it comes to ebay stuff. i'll be making a review soon

For LG Motion 4G MS770 Hybrid Hard/Rubber Heavy Duty Case Black/Blue With Stand | eBay

Upvote 0
I'd have to say the gel case (Yes the Metro one) works for me. Besides the color being blue (my fav) it has a good feel to it and stood up rather well. It has a good grippy feel as stated above and fits comfortably in my pockets. The hard plastic ones just never felt right, either in my hand or in my pocket.

I can't recall dropping my Motion from a great distance but it has vibrated off of the nightstand more than once and been fine. I have seen people drop their phones in the hard 2 piece cases and had the cases break while their phone was fine. I suppose the case did its job, but then they have to go buy another case. I think the Gel ones in my opinion are all around enough protection as long as your not reckless with your phone. :)

I'd never own a phone without a case and screen protector though.

Upvote 0
I finally found one that I LOVE

3z4DJ.jpg

B Spade Skull Cover Hard Case Rubber Feel Skin for LG Motion 4G MS770 Phone | eBay

Upvote 0
Reactions: MotoTriumphant
Upvote 0
Hey, I paid about the same 2 years ago for a very similar design for my DX. It's been fine and is still on it being used now. I haven't dropped my phone onto pavement or hard floor but it's hit the ground a few times. No biggie. Two small places the hard plastic has a very small chip out of it but not really noticeable. It's got a full coverage layer of silicone under that anyway. :rolleyes:

A very similar case that's worked for me for 2 years for a similar price should do me fine.

[EDIT] Not to mention this case got good reviews HERE And on Amazon so it's not like I was flying blind.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: SwoRNLeaDejZ
Upvote 0
Black Apex Hybrid Gel Hard Case Cover for Metro Pcs LG Motion 4G MS770 Accessory | eBay

One flaw with it, the power button is hard to press down, you need to put a little piece of folded paper under it and it fixes it, until it slides around.

I have this same case.

I used a piece of card stock (thick paper) about 1/4" wide (the width of the button) and about 3/4" long. Folded the top of the card stock over just til it covered the button then taped the piece to the back of the phone with one small piece of scotch tape. The tape keeps the card stock shim in place, isn't visible with the case on and does help make it easier to power on and off.

Decent case so far otherwise.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I have this same case.

I used a piece of card stock (thick paper) about 1/4" wide (the width of the button) and about 3/4" long. Folded the top of the card stock over just til it covered the button then taped the piece to the back of the phone with one small piece of scotch tape. The tape keeps the card stock shim in place, isn't visible with the case on and does help make it easier to power on and off.

Decent case so far otherwise.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Yea I dont know why I never thought to glue (tape) it on though, the day I lost the paper I took the case off, same day the phone fell (about 1/2 foot drop onto cement), screen cracked. Went and bought a new one yesterday, gave my little sister the one with the cracked screen, at least she can play some games and what not. Never leaving this phone without a case ever again though.

Upvote 0
Just got this one in the mail, definitely looks a lot more heavy duty (better made, silicone and plastic are thicker, feel nicer, at least to me)than the perforated hybrid one I had before.

Its also heavier, I like it though, definitely more than the old one, but they are a little bit more expensive than the other hybrid cases. Around ~7-11 on ebay.

looks cool imo

Upvote 0

Update, just got these in the mail, if you look closely the VHS ones are different from the other 2, I dont exactly recommend these, at least not for this price, their like cheap chinese droppings, the silicone is thinner and the kickstand gets stuck very easily and its really hard to open it. the other 2 though, amazing, and they slide in/out of my pocket with ease, love them so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones