• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best/cheapest way to add bluetooth to my car?

zijincheng

Jan 14, 2012
I just bought a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander without bluetooth or an AUX cable.

I would like to know your opinion on the best option to add bluetooth to my car?

I could either replace my stereo (which I don't want to if it's too expensive) or add an FM transmitter to my car.

If the FM solution is what I go with, what devices are the best value for money? I listen mostly to podcasts but occasional songs as well. I'm not an audiophile so I don't need massive quality but I would like decent quality.

Here are a few devices that I found:

Belkin Caraudio Connect

Streambot Y BT Transmitter

I'd think the easiest and most reliable would be stereo replacement. This is about $110 from Crutchfield and shows as compatible with your car (assumed non navigation and not rockford fosgate speakers.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X6700BT/Pioneer-DEH-X6700BT.html

I'm sure you could find something closer to your price range. Keep in mind crutfield will provide installation guides as well as make thing simple to install with adapters so you won't need to splice wires.

Reactions: jhtalisman
Upvote 0
I'd think the easiest and most reliable would be stereo replacement. This is about $110 from Crutchfield and shows as compatible with your car (assumed non navigation and not rockford fosgate speakers.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130X6700BT/Pioneer-DEH-X6700BT.html

I'm sure you could find something closer to your price range. Keep in mind crutfield will provide installation guides as well as make thing simple to install with adapters so you won't need to splice wires.
What that looks like a good option (and good value too compared to an FM transmitter), I want to keep it ideally below $70.

Upvote 0
Reactions: zijincheng
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones