• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Compass app?

goalc

Jul 31, 2010
Hi, my wife wants a compass app on her phone (I think this is so she knows which way to walk to the most expensive shops, and becuase her friends with iPhones have them :D).... as it appears that there is not one on the SGS, can anyone reccommend the best one to download?

I presume that they are all as accurate as each other, but are there any that have any nice additional features?

Thanks for your help

Hi, my wife wants a compass app on her phone (I think this is so she knows which way to walk to the most expensive shops, and becuase her friends with iPhones have them :D).... as it appears that there is not one on the SGS, can anyone reccommend the best one to download?

I presume that they are all as accurate as each other, but are there any that have any nice additional features?

Thanks for your help
You think your wife has problems...... mine uses it along with SatNav just to navigate the car out of the garage. :D

Seriously, another vote for Compass.
Not only does it show six different compasses and four different backgrounds but at the top it shows your position by name then underneath a Lat&Long co-ord, Notes (req 3banana Notes) but a very good settings where in the notes you can also add Altitude, Direction, Address, Location & Speed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tips... she downloaded Compass - and now it appears that the real reason she wanted it is that she has seen a new house that she wants and she wanted to see which way the garden faces !!! :eek:
Haaaa. Haaaaaaaa..... Love it.
No one will ever understand how a Woman's Mind actually works.
I've been married for 35yrs and I'm still learning the consequences of asking.....
women_phil.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones