• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best countdown timer? (Kitchen timer)

JeffTadashi

Dec 3, 2009
Anyone have experience with a good countdown timer that works well with Droid? I think I downloaded the "Ultimate Stopwatch" once and it didn't work well (The alarm sound was way too soft). There are dozens of timer apps, and it seems people have various problems with all of them, aside from maybe a few pay ones.

But I just want something really simple. Just for timing things like cooking stuff in the oven and poker games. Any suggestions?

I have tried many of them, and my personal favorite is "Timer" by intuitit. My biggest thing about any app, is how quickly can I get the app to do what I want it to do? I feel I can set the timers faster on this than any of the others that are out there. Dialing in a time is so much faster than having to press the + and - keys to get to where you want it. I also like how you can save timers that you often used. I have saved about 10 of them at 5 minute intervals so I can just quickly choose one instead of having to set the time. It also lets you pick your ringtone and volume so it's not the volume you set for your phone. It will continue to ring until you stop it.

Upvote 0
Still have to say that Ultrachron is the best. I use it for my job and for cooking. The voice alerts are the best for multitasking/working on something other than the phone. I also really like that it keeps track of the time that a countdown is exceeded. If you need to keep the steak on for another minute, just wait until it says "One Minute Over"!

Upvote 0
Anyone have experience with a good countdown timer that works well with Droid? I think I downloaded the "Ultimate Stopwatch" once and it didn't work well (The alarm sound was way too soft). There are dozens of timer apps, and it seems people have various problems with all of them, aside from maybe a few pay ones.

But I just want something really simple. Just for timing things like cooking stuff in the oven and poker games. Any suggestions?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kitchentimer is a good app.. give it a try...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones