1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Cross Platform Video Chat App?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wmurphy1975, Jun 26, 2011.

1. wmurphy1975

wmurphy1975 Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Technology Sales
    San Diego, CA
    I was wondering what mobile video chat app people are using that works across Android, iOS, and even Mac/PC? I've had great experience using Tango between my Android and my wife's iPhone 4. You can read about a recent experience here.

But have you found something that also works with Mac/PC? I know that Skype mobile works between Mac/PC and iPhone but not Android yet. Are there any other apps you've used that does this?

Advertisement

Randall@Tango likes this.
  2. janpetras

janpetras Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    ~/jan/
  3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

yeah, i love tango, but im also looking for something that gives me at least voice between my phone and computer. fring lets u call fring-to-gtalk but the quality of that was terrible when i tried it. skype works for voice chat, but im looking for an app that can call msn (video/voice)

4. wmurphy1975

wmurphy1975 Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Technology Sales
    San Diego, CA
    Wow I didn't know that Fring works with GTalk. I'll have to give that a try. I really just want Skype to work for Android.

Any other suggestions?

5. wmurphy1975

wmurphy1975 Member
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Technology Sales
    San Diego, CA
    So as I'm sure most of you now know there is a new version of Skype for Android that allows video calling on a few Android phones. Droidlife also released a cracked version that extends this capability to a few other Android phones. I just tested it on my Sensation and it worked well.

So far as I can tell it only works in landscape mode and will only work with the front facing camera but hopefully they will expand these options in the future.