• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best development environment to start

pataslo

Lurker
Nov 13, 2017
Dear All,

I'm electrical engineer with very strong IT background. I programmed previously Web, XML, JavasScript, Java, C, Perl and have some clue about SQL queries etc. I would like to start with mobile app development.

Since idea-by-idea could differ which platform (Android or iOS) could be the best pick to start first, I would maximise the outcome of my effort and start with a development environment which could work for both platform .Or alternatively they could be very similar (cross-compatible with some interpreter maybe)

The projects I'm talking about are more or less productivity apps, managing lists, google API connections, basic picture manipulation, voice recording and playback. So no animation.

I'm hope some cross-platform GURUs will read my msg and could advise with some effective first steps and which development platform, test cloud should be my best choice.

Thanks for tips
Peter

Unfortunately in my opinion there's no truly good cross platform framework. They're ok if you want to make something simple but as soon as it gets bigger they tend to get slow and hard to maintain, with a lot of native development needed to get to work properly.

That said, some cross platform frameworks you might want to look up are:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones