1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Device for an MP3 player

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by 51D7H3K1D, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 51D7H3K1D

51D7H3K1D Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    I have an iPod touch, majorly cracked and starting to die. :mad: Ive been thinking that instead of getting another one i might get a used android phone and just not connect it to any phone company. No sim card, no data plan (I have Verizon but cant afford the crazy monthly payments for a smart phone.) I want to be able to use it as an MP3 player and a wifi-enabled device. I want to know,

1. How easy/possible is this?
    2. Would it be worth the trouble?
    3. What would be the BEST phone for this application?
    4. Can i still use the Android Market/Google Play like i would use the App Store?
    Thanks! :D

Advertisement

2. rabiddawgs

rabiddawgs Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2012
    IMO and hate to say it but i would get another touch.
    1- you will lose all your apps you have already paid for and might lose some music.
    2- you already know the ipod already and how it navigates.
    3- the price your going to pay for a used android phone that is pretty decent will most likely cost more then a new ipod.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

For a player, Get a Samsung Galaxy Player. Same price as an iPod Touch, but runs Android and has a decent enough hardware. However as previously said, any app you have bought on the Apple AppStore will not be carried over, and you will have to buy the Android counterparts again.

4. doctorfrylock

doctorfrylock Member
    None

Mar 4, 2012
    Detroit, MI
    I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0. Its 200 at best buy, same price as an iPod touch, and it screen is a littte bigger. Also, it is wifi only. But, like the post above me says, the apps that you have on the ipod , may not be avaliable for the galaxy player.

Click thanks if I helped you.