• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Dialer?

the stock dialer on this thing is HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't speed dial. Can't type letters to quick search. Best bet is leave it on frequently called. Then even if same contact home and mobile are in frequently called, it asks you which you want to call no matter which you click on (if ur gonna have both numbers showing as 2 different on freq called, just call that one when i click it) Then need to switch to dialer if not in contact list.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, what it your favorite dialer? My HTC inc I used GoContacts, and now with GNEX I am using Rocket Dial which is pretty damn good. What is your favorite dialer?

I started using RocketDial but can not find a screen on the main page where I can see a scrolling list of Speed Dials. Any ideas? Thanks
I find Rocket Dial overtly complicated and not so user friendly.

Upvote 0
I must be the only one who likes the stock dialer haha. I leave it on the contacts page which allows you to search and dial immediately a lot like having MIUI's dialer on there.

I absolutely love the look of the stock dialer. But (and I know this is an awful example), with Go Dialer (and others), I can just start "typing" their name on the number pad. 6 for M, 6 for O, and 6 for M... (yes, MOM is the devil...). it was just so much easier than having to hit the search button, type, then call from the results. I could open the dialer, hit 666, and boom, mom was right there. (others too, but that's the easiest example)

Upvote 0
the stock dialer on this thing is HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't speed dial. Can't type letters to quick search. Best bet is leave it on frequently called. Then even if same contact home and mobile are in frequently called, it asks you which you want to call no matter which you click on (if ur gonna have both numbers showing as 2 different on freq called, just call that one when i click it) Then need to switch to dialer if not in contact list.

Hit the little phone symbol instead of the actual contact (to the left) and it will dial directly the mobile or home, whichever call was. Either that or this is is a setting, because mine does it fine.

Speed dials is the starred contacts. Put a star on them and they tile nicely at the very top of the frequently dialed numbers.

Type letters to search from any search screen -- the unified search bar outside the phone app (on any screen) or just tap the search symbol.

I think everything works better if you don't think of the number pad as the "entry" screen to the phone. The number pad does almost nothing for you. Don't start there. Start on the frequently called numbers screen to the right. You're lightning quick where you need to be from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones