• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best driving directions app?

oleb84;[URL="tel:6119806" said:
6119806[/URL]]I just use Google maps. Don't see the point on wasting memory and possible run speed of the phone by inhaling another app that Google maps can do perfectly fine.

I use Google Maps as my main navigation app. and CoPilot as my back up. For simple and short drives, I use Google Maps. For longer drives with stops in between, Copilot is much better and has a lot more customizations.

Did you know that using Google Maps uses more phone resources and power, then an app like CoPilot, because all of the maps are stored on the phone. Google Maps has to download the maps as you drive using data.

Upvote 0
Did you know that using Google Maps uses more phone resources and power, then an app like CoPilot, because all of the maps are stored on the phone. Google Maps has to download the maps as you drive using data.

I'm about to set off on a 7-hour trip. I'd like the turn-by-turn directions but would obviously prefer to download the directions to my SG3 instead of downloading data the whole time.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I'm about to set off on a 7-hour trip. I'd like the turn-by-turn directions but would obviously prefer to download the directions to my SG3 instead of downloading data the whole time.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Copilot. Also, they update the maps every quarter for free. It uses less energy and RAM on device compared to Google Nav.

Reactions: Arphilj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones