• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best DUAL SIM android phone?

There are many factors to define, which is the best dual SIM android phone in the market, such as:

- Release date
- Price
- Specs
- Main use of the phone

There are many brands that produce dual SIM smart phones. Brands like Lenovo and ZTE are a two that not many people known, but they offer great supply for this type of phone.

Regards

I just bought a bq Aquaris 5 - it is

Upvote 0
hi everyone. i would just like to recommend that no one buys from etotalk. they have bad customer service. I bought a lenovo a750 from them, sent it back to fix since February and up till now, I haven't gotten back my phone from them. Do not buy from them. Please boycott them so they will improve their service. They even blocked me from sending them emails. That is unacceptable. Use other sources to buy your dual-sim phones.

Upvote 0
Haven't really been keeping up with with dual SIM phone news but since our vacation's coming up, checked the new offerings on Amazon and Newegg. Pleasantly surprised to come across the following:

Sony Xperia M C2004 Dual Sim
Android 4.1
4.0" 480 x 854 (245 ppi)
MSM8227 1GHz dual-core Krait
Adreno 305
1GB RAM
4GB built-in storage (2GB user space)
5MP rear cam, 0.3MP front cam
UMTS: 850, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
Price: $230

I was all set to buy either the Galaxy Grand Duos or Galaxy S4 Mini but given that I'll only use it for a month, I think this new Xperia will fit my usage and budget quite well. :)

Upvote 0
The grand have 8Gb internal memory and 5' of screen a bit long but I prefer big than 4' of Sony no?
Tiny hands so I actually prefer smaller phones. Besides, the biggest selling point for me is the price. The Xperia M is $120 cheaper than the Galaxy Grand ($350) and $160 cheaper than the Galaxy S4 mini ($390). Those savings are more than enough to pay for a month's service for 5 phones. The Galaxy S Duos ($220) is slightly less expensive but that's just single core. For its price, the Xperia M is a relatively decent dual SIM Android smartphone. :)

Besides, if I wanted something high end, I'd get either a Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 Active or Xperia Z. :rolleyes:

Edit: And yes, I realize the Xperia M is only dual standby compared to dual active on the Samsungs but all I really need is to be able to receive text messages from 2 different providers so that's good enough for me.

Upvote 0
If 4 inch is your size grand isn't your phone and other Samsung posibilities are expensive.

Then I search on HTC > Lenovo > Huawei I don't know how Sony and LG dual sim works, I hope it wil be good

Alas, buying the phone in the US and the only local options I've found are Sony and Samsung. Sony is dual SIM standby, not dual SIM full active but as I said, that's good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Has any one found a dual sim phone running on LTE/4G network?

I have searched plenty and only seem to find the S4 clone from chinaecarts that claim to have it on both sims.

any thoughts?

I don't think it excists - I have not been able to find any.

The HTC One dual-sim has just been announced to be released in Europe this year, but the dual-sim version will only have 3G and no 4G as the singe-sim model has.

Upvote 0
Has any one found a dual sim phone running on LTE/4G network?

I have searched plenty and only seem to find the S4 clone from chinaecarts that claim to have it on both sims.

any thoughts?

Hi,

I think the same, there's not any 4G/LTE dual SIM device released into the market yet. Maybe that's because the majority of these phones are mainly consume in countries where this type of network isn't available yet.

Regards

Upvote 0
I think that Cherry Mobile Sonic 2.0 could be considered as that.

That's not LTE:

2G, 3G, HSPA+
Fairly inexpensive at PhP3,999. Granted, that's the cheapest dual SIM Android I've seen with relatively decent specs so far.

Got to say, LTE was a must for decent internet speed when I went on vacation in the Philippines last December. Smart's Prepaid 3G network appears to be hopelessly congested. I was getting just 1Mbps down, 0.25Mbps up on HSPA. Thank goodness I had a Nexus 7 LTE and iPad Air LTE. Even got up to 30Mbps down on the LTE devices during off peak hours (Eastwood area).

Upvote 0
Does anyone own a HTC One Dual Sim? Any experiences with the dual sim function?

I have it, being using it since the official launch in UK. It's the best dual sim smartphone out there, full stop.

It has everything that is good about the original HTC One, speed, build quality, appearance, great camera, good 3rd party compatibility, Sense UI etc. on top of that, the external SD card gives the phone storage up to 96GB: 32GB onboard + optional external 64GB (i m using it with Sandisk Class 10). As it is an official UK Model, it comes with all the standard google apps integration, basically ready to use out of box (there is no need to fiddle with root or ROM). It's also due to be upgraded to KitKat mid-end Feb.

In terms of dual sim capability, it just works. the 2 sim cards are simultaneously active in the truest fashion (i.e.you can call line 1 with line 2 or vice versa). The build in apps have all been optimised for the dual sim capability. Also, the battery life is outstanding, comparable to the single sim version.

The only drawback (if any), is there is not 4G LTE support for this. Also, unlike Samsung DUOS series, there is no option to select which sim is used for 3G and which sim is used for GSM. the default Sim1 is WCDMA, Sim 2 is GSM. But I guess it's more of a preference, as the fixed setup makes the setting simpler and straight forward vs Samsung DUOS. I typically had to restart the phone several times on DUOS to get the correct 3G works, but on the HTC One Dual Sim its straight forward: Sim 1 WCDMA, sim 2 GSM.

I think this is a no brainer, for anyone that's going to get either a Dual Sim or a HTC One, this is the version to go for. It's better than the standard HTC One in every single way except the lack of 4G LTE. And, its simply the best dual sim phone out there by miles. It's slightly more expensive (

Reactions: ZippoM and sihag
Upvote 0
I have it, being using it since the official launch in UK. It's the best dual sim smartphone out there, full stop.

It has everything that is good about the original HTC One, speed, build quality, appearance, great camera, good 3rd party compatibility, Sense UI etc. on top of that, the external SD card gives the phone storage up to 96GB: 32GB onboard + optional external 64GB (i m using it with Sandisk Class 10). As it is an official UK Model, it comes with all the standard google apps integration, basically ready to use out of box (there is no need to fiddle with root or ROM). It's also due to be upgraded to KitKat mid-end Feb.

In terms of dual sim capability, it just works. the 2 sim cards are simultaneously active in the truest fashion (i.e.you can call line 1 with line 2 or vice versa). The build in apps have all been optimised for the dual sim capability. Also, the battery life is outstanding, comparable to the single sim version.

The only drawback (if any), is there is not 4G LTE support for this. Also, unlike Samsung DUOS series, there is no option to select which sim is used for 3G and which sim is used for GSM. the default Sim1 is WCDMA, Sim 2 is GSM. But I guess it's more of a preference, as the fixed setup makes the setting simpler and straight forward vs Samsung DUOS. I typically had to restart the phone several times on DUOS to get the correct 3G works, but on the HTC One Dual Sim its straight forward: Sim 1 WCDMA, sim 2 GSM.

I think this is a no brainer, for anyone that's going to get either a Dual Sim or a HTC One, this is the version to go for. It's better than the standard HTC One in every single way except the lack of 4G LTE. And, its simply the best dual sim phone out there by miles. It's slightly more expensive (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones