• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best earbuds with mic and controls?

Klipsch S4i

Best earbuds for the price hands down. You can get them locally at your Best Buy for around 80-100 or you can get them on Amazon or Ebay for a lot cheaper.

Trust me, they are amazing. Very high end quality for a great price. I use them to engineer with instead of actual flat response monitor cans and they work perfect. Plus the build quality is above anything else I've used.

I have a pair I use for work. 8 hours a day 5 days a week and most buds will last 2-3 months before something fails. The klipsch buds are the only ones that have lasted over a year and still going with no issues at all.

Oh, get the black. The white WILL get dirty. ;)

Here you go. $55. That's a freaking steal.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE...F8&qid=1356547920&sr=8-3&keywords=klipsch+s4i

Best buy sells them for $100

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Klipsch...756376&skuId=9845706&st=klipsch s4i&cp=1&lp=1

Upvote 0
Klipsch S4i

Best earbuds for the price hands down. You can get them locally at your Best Buy for around 80-100 or you can get them on Amazon or Ebay for a lot cheaper.

Trust me, they are amazing. Very high end quality for a great price. I use them to engineer with instead of actual flat response monitor cans and they work perfect. Plus the build quality is above anything else I've used.

I have a pair I use for work. 8 hours a day 5 days a week and most buds will last 2-3 months before something fails. The klipsch buds are the only ones that have lasted over a year and still going with no issues at all.

Amazon.com: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones (Black): Electronics

Klipsch Image S4i Earbud Headphones with Microphone and 3Button Remote KLIPSCH S4I - Best Buy

i have these but the controls dont seem to work yet they work on my iPhone

Upvote 0
I cant speak for the actual controls as I use the S4's.

They do make a "Android branded" S4i though that I came across at Radio Shack. Very clean looking.

ahh thanks when i bought the S4i now thats im thinking I do believe they said works with iphone/ipod, so i guess thats why the controls dont work if they also have Android branded ones

Upvote 0
Klipsch S4i

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356547920&sr=8-3&keywords=klipsch+s4i

Klipsch Image S4i Earbud Headphones with Microphone and 3Button Remote KLIPSCH S4I - Best Buy

the 1st one is only headphone.. no mic or controls.

2nd is only for apple

here is for android:
Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S4A In-ear Headphones for Android with Inline Microphone: Electronics
but it only has 1 button. so i doubt it has good music controls.

I have not personally used these.
anyone find good headphone/with mic/ with full controls / with great sound? under $100???

Upvote 0
the 1st one is only headphone.. no mic or controls.

2nd is only for apple

here is for android:
Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S4A In-ear Headphones for Android with Inline Microphone: Electronics
but it only has 1 button. so i doubt it has good music controls.

I have not personally used these.
anyone find good headphone/with mic/ with full controls / with great sound? under $100???

Yeah I forgot Apple's connector has the ground in a different place than most.

I use this Amazon.com: Jabra CLIPPER Bluetooth Stereo Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories so I've never had to look for anything else. This is the most popular option I found when searching plus you can use whatever headphones you want.

Upvote 0
Beats Tour by Dr Dre work as headphones only but neither the mic nor the controls work. They worked fine on the HTC One S but on the SGS3 they only work basically as headphones.

I also have the Monster iBeats that came with the HTC Rezound, they work very well for the SGS3. The only problem I have with them is that the mic is pretty far down the wire so sometimes it's hard for others to hear me unless I use my hand to hold up the mic to my lips. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a hands-free headset.

Both have superior sound but only the controls of the iBeats work. I've heard on other forums that other people have problems with the controls so I'd probably stay away from all Beats by Dre/Monster products. At least until they realize that more and more people are choosing alternatives to iPhones and iPods.

I've found that the best headset for the SGS3 with real working controls is the one that came with the Nexus S. They work perfect and the sound is pretty darn good. You can get them on eBay for dirt cheap too. I've had mine for several years and they still work perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones